Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2005, 11:53 PM

Default Re: HULA ML cleanup poll

I was worried about this too, but it doesn't seem likely. We have 14 votes already, and right now it's 5-0-8-1. If the #1s do manage to win, we'll have a quorum.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:53 PM

I hear ya.

Everyone's got their own reason for picking a number. Me, I would pick "1" every other week of the year, but I'll be at foxwoods for two weeks for the WPT event starting Thursday and it would be really out of the way to have to run to my hotel room to play a heads up match on the computer...but, I could do it.

Some poeple might see some profit on their initial deposit and would rather take the money then risk it...though this is silly because thats why we play poker in the first place, but oh well.

So everyone's got their own reasons so I don't think it's fair for you to say that you can't understand the reasons of others.

I'm sure everyone has their own reasons which are unique, but they didn't post them because I asked them not to in the OP.

That being said let's move all other discussion on this topic to another thread (Timprovs HULA ML one) to keep this one as clean as possible.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:56 PM

We are not counting non participation as anything.

Please, guys, all discussion in another thread. No reasons, no solutions, no proposals, just a number.

All of the above mentioned things can be discussed somewhere other than the poll thread.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Please, guys, all discussion in another thread. No reasons, no solutions, no proposals, just a number.

All of the above mentioned things can be discussed somewhere other than the poll thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice unilateral decision, i say we are.
???? c'mon it looks like the point may be moot, but it's a little silly to self-appoint yourself w/random authority.

i do think, however, that people that vote to continue should propose exactly how we do it, starting w/my questions above.

we could also have a poll on "should we have world peace and free ice cream for everyone?" voting yes, w/out a plan on how to do it is worthless
Old 10-23-2005, 12:09 AM

Old 10-23-2005, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nice unilateral decision, i say we are.
???? c'mon it looks like the point may be moot, but it's a little silly to self-appoint yourself w/random authority.

i do think, however, that people that vote to continue should propose exactly how we do it, starting w/my questions above.

we could also have a poll on "should we have world peace and free ice cream for everyone?" voting yes, w/out a plan on how to do it is worthless

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you get it. I have no authority, I just proposed a vote. I'm not deciding anything...the majority is deciding. All I did was set up the thread.

No one objected to it. No one really said "I'm going to decide" So, group votes. It is simple.

And you can propose other things, in fact I encourage it. Just don't do it in this poll because then people respond to everything and it makes it a pain in the ass to tally.

Anyways if you still feel the need to express yourself in this thread that is OK, I can't stop you, but I just asked nicely for you to do it somewhere else.

I really don't care what the decision is I just want to see the majority opinion from those still in it. After we get a majority decision then a final decision becomes pretty clear (or at least more clear than it is now).

Jon
Old 10-23-2005, 12:11 PM

Edit: deleted, to keep this thread clean.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
didn't dave's team (potentially) reach the playoff because of multiple forfeits which were applied in the last week, when forfeits weren't generally awarded in earlier weeks. i'm not sure if this also applies to other teams. w/no disrespect for the team, i don't really think they're deserving of a spot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dave44's team had more individual victories than any other team so to say that they are not deserving of a playoff spot is ridiculous.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:48 PM

I vote #1. #3 is unfair to the 4 playoff teams, including a 5th who wouldn't make the playoffs. All this talk of my team being undeserving is completely unfair. We have done all that has been asked of us and compiled the most individual wins, which should give us the tiebreaker versus anyone. We are ready to play it out.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:28 PM