Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 11:41 AM

Default KK, 80/160 @ Bay101

Bay 101, $80/$160.

The whole table, except for one player, has agreed to do a round of live straddles, so the game is amped up a little bit.

Bad player who refused to straddle limps in UTG, I raise in MP with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], unknown asian guy calls from the blind (for the regulars, I think his name is "T.R.").

3 players

Flop: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checked to me and I bet, T.R. raises, bad player mucks, I 3-bet, he 4-bets, I 5-bet, he calls.

2 players

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

T.R. checks, I bet, he raises, I call.

2 players

River 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

T.R. bets, I call.

How did I do?

Comments on all streets appreciated.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:46 AM

Default Re: KK, 80/160 @ Bay101

I would definitely raise the river. He figures to have a flush or lower full house more than quads.

Jeff
Old 10-21-2005, 11:51 AM

By the 5th bet on the flop I think I give him credit for the flush. I really doubt he plays a flopped str8 flush that fast. A river raise is in order. Most players with a flush will be sliding money into the pot as soon as they realize it is a red card and then be very bummed when they realize it put trips on the board and face a raise.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:54 AM

I would raise this river as well. It is difficult for me to put him on a six or AA for a number of reasons. While his flop is consistent with AcAx, his preflop play isn't. Unfortunately, if he is a thinking player, raising this river is going to get you three bet by AA. Still I feel that hand is three bet almost one hundred precent of the time here. Does he ever flat call with it?

I am not concerned if he has a six. Given there is only one out, you know how unlikely it is, even given the action. So the only question I have is, does he have AA?

I raise and call the river.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:56 AM

woah dude, 1 hand beats you here vs. a decent postflop player: Ac6s.

now what hands go 5 flop bets and c'r paired turn on 3flush flop?

33/44/66/AcAmaybe/flush/straight

on the river 66 is now impossible. you still lose to AA but now beat everything else and will get called by 33/44 as well.

ive also eliminated the 77c/88c/99c b/c those may be possible but still unlikely.

raise the river imo.

Barron
Old 10-21-2005, 12:05 PM

I don't get the flop 5-bet. I like the river call because, if he is a thinking player, he must know you will either not pay off his bet or have an overpair. I don't think a good player pays off a river raise either. The question is, do you think he's a good player? I'd assume so at 80/160.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:06 PM

I don't think there is a TR. Depending on who it is, I would either call or raise the river. I think he has a big hand, so calling isn't as bad as the others think it is (AA is very likely here). He may have also missed a straight draw w/ a club, and he won't call your raise either.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think there is a TR. Depending on who it is, I would either call or raise the river. I think he has a big hand, so calling isn't as bad as the others think it is (AA is very likely here). He may have also missed a straight draw w/ a club, and he won't call your raise either.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you think he would still bet the river though with a counterfeited boat... 44/33?
Old 10-21-2005, 12:21 PM

on the flop i think villians most likely hands are 66/44/33 or a non-nut flush and if he's a wild one a pair with the Ac, probbly Ac6x.

he doesn't 6bet you on the flop so i'd rule out the nut flush (its my experience that if a player with the nuts sees a guy still wants to put action on the flop with unlimited raising they'll play along rather than "wait" till the turn).

when villian checkraises the turn he has a flush like almost never and i think its pretty bad to checkraise a six here anyways so it rally looks like quads, 44 or 33.

when the river puts in the 6, i like a raise because you are now a favorite gainst his range of hands.

also i'm kind of surprised everybody has villian on a flush. imo its much more likely that villian thinks that it is HERO who has a flush.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:23 PM

Some would, some wouldn't. Depends on the player. That's why I can't really answer this quesitn. I can tell you that it isn't a slam-dunk like the others have posted. You gonna be down there this weekend? I'm playing the tourney on Saturday.