Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 10:10 AM

Default Re: Wheel of Time

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hope he will be wearing a simple, stout wool gray peasant dress with a low, scooped neck, and yanking his friggin' braid for all he's worth.

(non-fans may ignore ^ rant)

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha. Yeah, he writes women real well.

Blood and bloody ashes, I've been reading this series since I was in high school.

I'm too far in to stop now. The last 4 books have been for [censored].

More Mat, less Rand and the chicks.

You hear me Jordan? We want more gambling and hot chicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he'd get to the Big Catfight I'd be satisfied for the time being, but this road trip to the White Tower has gone on for like 3000 pages now. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2005, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If Robert Jordan dies before he finishes this damn thing, I hope to see him in Hell.

I hope he will be wearing a simple, stout wool gray peasant dress with a low, scooped neck, and yanking his friggin' braid for all he's worth.

[/ QUOTE ]

hilarious
Old 10-21-2005, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously I have no idea why anyone reads this garbage anymore. I got started 11 years ago on it. That's just wrong. After book 6, RJ totally abandoned moving the plot in order to write the most tedious 3000 pages ever. I last purchased one of his books 6 years ago, and I wish I hadn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. I stopped with book 8. It just got ridiculously boring. Then I discovered the Song of Fire and Ice (releasing in US in just a couple weeks) by George R R Martin.

The Wheel of What? Bah.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he'd get to the Big Catfight I'd be satisfied for the time being, but this road trip to the White Tower has gone on for like 3000 pages now. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]\

I agree. Let's get to the epic battle, Rand goes [censored] nuts and has a quintuplesum with the girls while the earth explodes around them.

The end.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:27 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
I agree. Let's get to the epic battle, Rand goes [censored] nuts and has a quintuplesum with the girls while the earth explodes around them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont forget Mat. And Perrin might be the worst character ever written into a fantasy novel. He actually annoys me in much the same fashion as the protagonist from Thomas Covenant series.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If Robert Jordan dies before he finishes this damn thing, I hope to see him in Hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chipwrecked, you are a genius.

As far as Jordan goes, Tolkien he is not. Nonetheless, I really enjoyed the first several books, and I am curious how (if at all) it will all get wrapped up. In fact, I've been re-reading the series in anticipation of the new one. So far I'm on book 4 so I got some catching up to do.

Swede
Old 10-21-2005, 10:33 AM

I decided to stop when he wrote a whole book without mentioning Mat (after having a wall fall on him in the previous cliffhanger ending).

Mrs.StevieG got me "Winter's Heart" as a Christmas gift, though, so I read one more. Then I told her that I was through reading it.

When he finishes I'll likely borrow the last volumes fromthe public library and read them. But he'll get no more money from me.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to cleanse the taint.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:42 AM

Old 10-21-2005, 11:00 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
I decided to stop when he wrote a whole book without mentioning Mat (after having a wall fall on him in the previous cliffhanger ending).

Mrs.StevieG got me "Winter's Heart" as a Christmas gift, though, so I read one more. Then I told her that I was through reading it.

When he finishes I'll likely borrow the last volumes fromthe public library and read them. But he'll get no more money from me.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to cleanse the taint.

[/ QUOTE ]

Howd your taint get dirty while you were posting? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2005, 01:30 PM

Just got done reading Knife of Dreams. Pretty much feel about it the way other have: its better than some of Jordan's recent offers but still isnt as good as the first few. I will say that I thought it moved some storylines along rather well, in particular that of Mat. Its worth reading if you havent given up on the series yet.