Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 10-17-2005, 02:00 PM

Default absolutepoker question

First time post...long time reader. I am just wondering if anybody noticed anything funny about absolute poker and/or what your opinions are of the site. I will wait to here your responses before I post my experience, because I dont want to skew them. Thanks for the help
Old 10-17-2005, 02:05 PM

Default Re: absolutepoker question

I find it funny how, after all the cards are out, the highest hand wins.

(Be more specific. Although if this is an attempt to start an "Absolute is rigged" thread, you may want to stop now.)
Old 10-17-2005, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...long time reader.

[/ QUOTE ]

If thats true, you surely know what the responses will be like.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:14 PM

ha yeah I do.
ok...let me rephrase the question. There are differences in the algorithms from site to site no? Has anybody ever viewed a difference in their statistics from site to site and had to alter their play or is my sample just too small and I need to maybe wait for the stats to normalize? Im still winning on the site I just noticed that my statistics are not what one would expect switching from a ten person table to a nine.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ha yeah I do.
ok...let me rephrase the question. There are differences in the algorithms from site to site no? Has anybody ever viewed a difference in their statistics from site to site and had to alter their play or is my sample just too small and I need to maybe wait for the stats to normalize? Im still winning on the site I just noticed that my statistics are not what one would expect switching from a ten person table to a nine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of the games at Absolute play a bit differently than at other sites from my experience.

But this is less a product of the hands you are dealt, and more a product of the nature of a bonus whore. Some of the games have a weird mix of tight/passive preflop and loose passive post flop.

Meaning that preflop it can be relativlely easy to limit the field with certain hands. However after the flop you end up getting called down a little more often than you may be accustomed to. Reason being, the tight passive players are strating with better hands, so they often catch a little chunk of the board and mindlessly semi-bluffing into these players is a one way street into the "pit of despair".

Worry less about the site algorithims and more about the nature of your opponents.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:54 PM

what differences should I expect to see on stat tracker? One major difference I noticed was my hands seen dropped from 25% to 19%. This 19% was consistent from session to session with little or no much variance. Considerint the drop from 10 person tables to 9 and a change in play from aggressive to passive shouldnt there be an increase if anything? Again thanks for the help. I appreciate the last post.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what differences should I expect to see on stat tracker? One major difference I noticed was my hands seen dropped from 25% to 19%. This 19% was consistent from session to session with little or no much variance. Considerint the drop from 10 person tables to 9 and a change in play from aggressive to passive shouldnt there be an increase if anything? Again thanks for the help. I appreciate the last post.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many hands?
Old 10-17-2005, 02:59 PM

about 4k. too small of a sample?
Old 10-17-2005, 03:14 PM

play hands with a 6 on AP, pure gold.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
about 4k. too small of a sample?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes too small.

Not trying to be a smartass. But yes a 4K sample is way too small.

I have run card dead below my long term average "see flop%" for longer periods then that.

I have also experienced spells where it seemed to me that "nothing was going right" on a certain site. At 4k hands, you really cannot make any serious assumptions about card distribution.