Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 02:52 AM

Default Lots of questions on this one...PP 20/40

I am really trying to become better at putting my opponent on a range of hands. I'd love to hear how some of the better players break down opponents like these. My thought process is all over the place, and I know that I am somewhere between just playing my cards and starting to better understand my opponents. I definitely don't know how to use the PokerTracker stats to the extent that I could.

I think I have concerns on every street.

9 handed 20/40 Party Poker

Button is 54/7/1.3 after 45 hands, and down about 40BB
SB is 28/3/.67 after 90 hands

I raise UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Folded to button, who raises. SB calls, and I call.

Flop is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Checked to button, who bets, all call. about 6 BB.

Turn is A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Checked to button, who bets. SB calls, I check-raise, button re-raises, SB calls, and I call. 13BB.

River is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB open folds (I love that), I check and call.

I'm not sure I was way out of line anywhere, but I honestly never knew where I was, and feel like every street might have questions.

Thanks -
Old 09-29-2005, 03:10 AM

Default Re: Lots of questions on this one...PP 20/40

I'd lead the turn here, unless you can be 100% sure he's going to bet with a lower PP. a free card is an extreme disaster. I might be willing to put in one more bet if he sucks.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:38 AM

Default Re: Lots of questions on this one...PP 20/40

a 54/7 guy could be raising random pairs here as well as premium hands. I'd reraise pf with AK here and get some more SB cash into the pot. There's not much you're behind to.

The rest looks OK. You're not going to get anyone to fold on the flop, the check-raise is fine (you may be behind to 2pair here tho) and the river check-call is OK. I would guess you win around 20% of the time here, although I'd most likely put him on 44/55/88 trips or a turned 2pair.