Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 08:41 PM

Default LV trip report (short version)

Got in Friday night. Stayed at the Bellagio since the Mirage poker room rate was bumped up to match Bellagio for this weekend. Played Bellagio 4/8 from 8:30 until 2:30. Won a bunch but cost myself a few BB on the river, once because I couldn't read the board and once because I didn't have enough chips in my hand and didn't say raise.

Saturday morning: Up at 9, played Mirage 6/12 until 7:00. Spilled a coke on the table within the first 30 minutes (no, I hadn't even started drinking yet either). Won some more, but lost money on Notre Dame and Arizona ML.

Went to Bellagio, played 4/8 with my buddy. About 2 am 2 guys sat down and I think their "raise" buttons were stuck. They quit about 7 am and so did we (with a lot of their chips). One buddy went to bed, the other got up, we went back to the Mirage. Won Cincy over MN; lost AZ/STL over. Played until 7 pm at a very loose passive 3/6. Won a bunch and went to the Wynn - sat at a 4/8 table with a young "pro" who liked to 4-bet bluff and then show after his opponent folded. What a [censored] tool. I took a bunch of money off him, then he started berating the dealer and another player. It was midnight and I had been playing for almost 40 hours, so I racked up and had a couple of chips left over. I tossed them back to the douche and said "Here, you're gonna need these". My buddy told me the guy proceeded to lose 5 racks, then bought back in for $1k.

Got up Monday at 9, played the Bellagio 4/8 with one buddy - straddles, blind 3-bets, and more. Dropped some money, but it was a fun way to pass a couple of hours before we checked out.

Total damage: +$600 and approx 50 hours of poker.

Card room reviews:
Bellagio - A. Lots of games, pretty good dealers, autoshufflers.
Mirage - B. Fewer games, boring tight old people early in the morning.
Wynn - B. Not many games, even at night. Nice room, seemed like lots of space between tables. Dealers were good. Really aggressive, unfriendly atmosphere at our table.

PS There was a big Mexican Independence Day celebration going on - lots of very hot Mexican girls all around [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]