Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 12:41 PM

Default 5/10 6 Max - QJs in the BB

6 Handed - both opponents in this hand are pretty tough, but there are a couple of live ones at the table, and for the most part, we've been staying out of eachother's way and sharing the wealth.

Folded to button, who calls. SB raises, and I call with Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB. Button calls.

Flop is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB bets, I raise, Button calls, and SB calls.

Turn is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I bet, button raises, SB calls, and I call.

River is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and button comes alive with a bet. I fold.

What to you put these guys on at this point? Anything else I could have done here?
Old 09-22-2005, 12:56 PM

Default Re: 5/10 6 Max - QJs in the BB

I assume you mean SB bets out on the river. You could have called. The pot's pretty big to fold top pair for one bet. I agree that the idea that SB is hoping to trap you for multiple bets is frightening, but I don't know if it's frightening enough for me to fold up my tent. I would seriously consider raising, but then I would think the button probably doesn't limp pre-flop with AJ or KJ so I would probably just call as my last investment in the pot.

/mc
Old 09-22-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Re: 5/10 6 Max - QJs in the BB

Sorry about that - you are right. SB bets out.