Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 08:47 AM

Default Re: nintendo revolution controller

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2005, 08:48 AM

Looks like a repetitive stress injury nightmare to me.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:55 AM

I think that this would be a great idea for games like mario party but for games like zelda i surely dont want to be swinging that controll around for the whole game. I think they will have to release another controll for people who dont want to swing the controll around all day.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that this would be a great idea for games like mario party but for games like zelda i surely dont want to be swinging that controll around for the whole game. I think they will have to release another controll for people who dont want to swing the controll around all day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, you are going to swing it and you will like it.

I thought the teaser video looked good. If you want "up down up down left right left right a b select start" games then go to the used videogame store.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:02 PM

Apparently you can plug in gamecube controllers as well.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, you are going to swing it and you will like it.

I thought the teaser video looked good. If you want "up down up down left right left right a b select start" games then go to the used videogame store.

[/ QUOTE ]

most people are retards, and resistant to change, without ever trying it for themselves. i can't say if it'll be good till i try it, but it looks very very interesting.

these people probably would have said the same thing about the mouse when it was introduced. sad thing is they're also the same type of people that won't admit they're wrong if they do end up liking it.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:37 PM

Nintendo always try to reinvent itself. I must say, that controller is nothing what I expected. Its almost seems Nintendo is trying to develop for their own game makers instead of 3rd party groups. I thought the gamecube controller looked weird, but I like it due to the grip/feel/control.

Man, that thing doesnt look like a real controller.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:01 PM

nintendo IS trying to reinvent itself. the machine is code named REVOLUTION for christ's sake. for this product to be successful a couple of things must happen: 1) they must have 20+ titles at launch, obviously a mario game, a metroid game, and even a zelda game, and most of the other games must use the controller to at least 75% of it's potential. You might say 'duh' to this, but I have yet to see a game really use the touch screen on the DS creatively yet. 2) they must spend as much time to get it right as possible. they are already going to be 3rd into the marketplace, so waiting a bit longer for a better product will probably work in their favor. 3) nintendo must launch this thing with 2 controllers. the diehard nerds will be the first in line to get this, but outside of that, there are going to be a bunch of people that say "that controller looks weird". nintendo must spread knowledge about this by getting people to actually try it and get comfortable with it.

I believe this is very creative. Where the 360 and PS3 just offer upgrades in visuals, nintendo is taking gaming in a different direction. if you would have asked me 3 days ago if i was going to buy a revolution, i would have looked at you like you were nuts. today, i'm considering it.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:10 PM

looks like the failed atari controller to me. I'm gonna try it and I have a feeling be angry.
Somebody at Nintendo thought the idea of sailing around stuck in a boat for hours would make Zelda better, now they think this crap.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:27 PM

I watched the video. I want a revolution now.