Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 09:21 PM

Default Re: prank phone calls

- Inadvertant Prank Call -

Preface: I'm a single father to two daughters.

1997 - My then 11 year old, had one of her many sleepovers. Two of her friends, all together, determined to ruin my night. Long after I retired to my room, the girls where making prank phone calls to...who knows. One of the girls, not knowing that the "7" on my daughters phone stuck, attempted to dial 791-1xxx (791 being a common prefix in our area).

Of course, the 911 operator gets on the line...the girls panic and hang up. Apparently, the operator attempted to call our house back - which they did not answer.

I awake at 2:something-am, to a violent pounding on the door. Having know idea where/what the girls are up to, I throw a sheet around my mostly naked body and tear downstairs. Peeking out the peep-hole, like a scared girl myself, I see two uniformed police officers.

I open the door wide, and I am told that a 911 call has come from my house. Still a little fuzzy, I tell them there must be a mistake..."no problem here". The officers seeing me "naked", but draped in a sheet, spot 3 pre-teen girls over my shoulder, creaping nervously into the stairway. "Sir, is your wife home?"....."Um, I'm not married" - wondering why they would ask such a thing. "Sir, if you don't mind, we would like to come in".

Sooooooooo anyway. After what felt like a lifetime of interrogation, and repeated assurances from the girls...that they're not in any harm!!(not YET they aren't!)...they leave.

I'm quite certain my name is logged in some "possible pedifile" file downtown [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2005, 09:31 PM

hahah, nice story

I've got one (tho not as good)

When I worked at little ceasers, one of the bank of phones had the same number as the local post office, just a different prefix (I lived in a small town, all numbers started either 885 or 887). But it wasnt the first phone in the que, so whenever it rang when none of the other phones were in use, we knew it was a wrong number. We called it the post office phone.

Anyway, so I worked the day shift, and all of us were in our teens and the manager himself was only 20, so bascally we screwed around all the time. So one day the post office phone rings and the manager picks it up and says "hello, post office, how can I help you" then he pauses and starts saying "oh my god, there is a man here with a gun, I think we are getting robbed" and immediately one of the other guys jumps right in and starts screaming in the background "EVERYBODY GET ON THE [censored] GROUND". Then the manager hangs up the phone. hehehe, funny.

Well like 20 minutes later the cops show up, apparenly the guy called the police to say the post office was being robbed. And after they no doubt stormed the PO and realized there was no robbery, they either traced the call, or just figured out what prolly happened. Yeah, lets just say no one ever did that again.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:38 PM

LOL! holey crap! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2005, 10:52 PM

Listen to the NASCAR call first. This is one dumb redneck.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:25 AM

I worked at a place that took a lot of phone calls.

The phone number if you want to order something on QVC (a home shopping channel) is 1-800-345-1515. Our number was 1-800-*45-*5*5. I don't know how so many people can mis-hit the same three buttons, and still manage to dial us, but we got wrong number calls from QVC shoppers every day.

We were slow one Saturday, so when an old lady called to buy some swan figurine, my buddy took her order.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:25 AM

I prank called one of those home shopping networks one time. They were selling some kind of collectible dolls. I asked how many holes the dolls had and was notifiied that I'm a sick individual.