Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 01:08 AM

Default I KNOW I\'m getting checkraised...

Party 5/10 6max. I'm 99.9% sure villian is a very good but infrequent poster. I'm sure he knows I know, since I sent him a message asking if he was so-and-so from 2+2. I don't know how much shorthanded he plays online and I've never seen him post in HUSH.

I don't think we had played a hand against each other yet, although he'd been at the table for at least 1/2 hr.

Folded to me on the button, I raise with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Folded to villain in BB who 3-bets, I cap.

Flop (4 BB): 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He bets, I call

Turn (5 BB): 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

He checks...

I know I'm getting checkraised if I bet. So what's my line?
Old 09-02-2005, 01:12 AM

Default Re: I KNOW I\'m getting checkraised...

Do you think he will c/r w/overs? That's the big question.

WiteKnite
Old 09-02-2005, 01:15 AM

100% read dependant. If he can bluff here at approximately the correct frequency, then check. If he bluffs too much, bet call, etc. Anyways, if you are sure he is going to checkraise, I would probably check behind.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Party 5/10 6max. I'm 99.9% sure villian is a very good but infrequent poster. I'm sure he knows I know, since I sent him a message asking if he was so-and-so from 2+2. I don't know how much shorthanded he plays online and I've never seen him post in HUSH.

I don't think we had played a hand against each other yet, although he'd been at the table for at least 1/2 hr.

Folded to me on the button, I raise with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Folded to villain in BB who 3-bets, I cap.

Flop (4 BB): 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He bets, I call

Turn (5 BB): 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

He checks...

I know I'm getting checkraised if I bet. So what's my line?

[/ QUOTE ]

What is his range? Why didn't you raise the flop? It definately seems like he's going to get tricky on the turn after betting into a capped PF pot. If you're ahead of a PP, he only has two outs, the only hand you're probably worried about giving a freecard to is something like AKs or AQs.

Given your read I'd probably have checked the turn. If he doesn't check-raise you, you're probably way ahead and he'll fold the turn or river, and if he does CR you, you're either way behind or ahead of maybe what might be as high as an 18 out hand (A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] x[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]). In the first case, you don't mind him trying to steal or wrongly valuebet the river, in the second, you're not that far ahead of him anyways (on average).

The question if you take this line is whether or not to fold an ace or spade on the river.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
100% read dependant. If he can bluff here at approximately the correct frequency, then check.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is entirely dependant on what his average holding is on the turn.

would you check behind AA here just because he bluffs at the correct frequency?
Old 09-02-2005, 01:42 AM

Aren't you ahead most of the time, whether he checkraises or not? I would bet it. And then call down the CR and curse at PP after I get shown a bigger pair...

C-Dog
Old 09-02-2005, 01:52 AM

AA doesn't have to worry as much about a bet being a better hand in addition to it being a bluff. It will most likely be a worse hand, or a bluff. Right?

WiteKnite
Old 09-02-2005, 09:49 AM

Default River

So I bet. He checkraised. I called.

River (9 BB): A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Yuck.

If he bets do you raise/call/fold?

If he checks, do you check, bet-call, or bet-fold?
Old 09-02-2005, 09:56 AM

Default Re: River

I dont like raising this river card regardless if he checks to you. If you are right and he is a decent 2+2 player, he should know that you would not call the c/r on the turn with Ax.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:58 AM

Default Re: River

[ QUOTE ]
So I bet. He checkraised. I called.

River (9 BB): A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Yuck.

If he bets do you raise/call/fold?

If he checks, do you check, bet-call, or bet-fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have checked the turn if you knew he would cr. I'd fold the river unless he'll fold to a raise. He has an overpair but not likely an ace.

Krishan