Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 08-24-2005, 01:14 AM

Default pushing OESD hard against flush draw

I'm almost never this aggressive. Let me know if I had the right idea or if I was a little off. Villain is 17/6/0.7 (47 hands).

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

I'm thinking a flop checkraise is better because it has a chance of inducing a fold, whereas my donkbet announces a drawing hand. Irrelevant in this case, since villain apparently hit his flush.

My turn play was the direct result of me forgetting that I had changed stakes to whore my stacked Empire bonuses, and that a BB was therefore $2, not $4. (It was late.)

Nonetheless, does anyone agree with the fold here?
Old 08-24-2005, 01:27 AM

Default Re: pushing OESD hard against flush draw

I would tend to check/call this type of flop 3-handed. You're likely do not have much of an equity edge and would like to see cards cheaply.

That said even though the Villain is passive, the read is limited and I think the turn fold is no good. You have 6 outs here very, very often IMO.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:39 AM

Default Re: pushing OESD hard against flush draw

Two opponents on a 2 suited flop with an 8 out straight draw. I'd probably check call this. Are you trying to get a single club to fold? What makes you think villain is on a flush draw? I'd think AQ is more likely. Would a passive post-flop player raise on a draw?

Isn't an open-ended straight draw 4.8 to 1 from the turn to the river? Anyway, you've got 6 outs that don't put a 4-flush on the board, which is 6.7 to 1. You could be drawing dead, but a pair of queens is more likely. I'd call on the turn and see what happened; the pot's pretty big.