Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 10:58 PM

Default Another possible weak fold

Ugh, I don't feel too good about this one. My thinking was to take a free showdown after raising the turn, or folding should a three bet come. Getting donk bet once the flush fell made me think that either he had hit his flush or was awkwardly playing an A, or maybe an outside shot at a T. Not much of a read on the villian at the time, less than an orbit of pretty much nothing interesting.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (5.66 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, BB calls.

River: (9.66 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10.66 BB
Old 08-11-2005, 11:17 PM

Default Re: Another possible weak fold

Not sure what I would do at the table but, I cant see raising the turn and folding the river. I would like to see some responses as well. I think I might fold the turn? But if I liked my hand enough to raise the turn I would call the river no matter what hit.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:29 PM

I'm not so sure. I think an unknown has the flush or an A or a T or a pocket pair bigger than 77 more than 1/10 times. If they don't they definitely aren't 'typical'.

I'd fold this river too. I probably wouldn't raise the turn, but might call the turn and fold that particular river...
Old 08-11-2005, 11:33 PM

4 lines of thinking for me:

-A really good player realizes you are good &amp; are going to value bet the river. He will c/r &amp; you can fold.
-You avg online dud is betting out because he has you beat &amp; is afraid you will check behind &amp; you can fold.
-Your typical poor, idiotic player will always go for the c/r &amp; you can fold.
-A wide range of poor players are going to donkbet here with bottom pair or some other poor holding &amp; then you have a tought decision.

Overall I think its a good fold.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:34 PM

I like a flop raise and a turn bet looking for a fold or a free showdown. Fold to a turn checkraise.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:42 AM

This a bitch of a spot. If i don't relaly know villian I might call because this is a very weird line and some readEV exists here that might push you over the top.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:44 AM

I raise if I go beeyond the flop. You need to protect it from a weak overcard call from the CO. This could also get you to showdown cheaper.