Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2005, 04:58 AM

Default Re: Six degrees of Kevin Bacon

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Leave it to a computer geek to take all the fun out of the Kevin Bacon game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back when the Oracle had a "Winner's Board" for people who found actors with Bacon Numbers of 6+, I wrote a program to parse the Internet Movie Database and calculate Bacon numbers.

All I recall was that I found a guy with a Bacon Number of 8, he was Iraqi, and my program took two soild weeks to run. Something about manipulating a couple gigs of data on a Pentium 133 with 64 megs of ram.

[/ QUOTE ]

In other words, you're a computer geek who took the fun out of the program that took the fun out of the Kevin Bacon Game. Sweet! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2005, 05:56 AM

Default Re: Six degrees of Kevin Bacon

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure you have all heard of the theory of six degrees of separation. As the above suggests, take any actor and link them to Kevin Bacon in 6 moves or less. The trick is not so much to be successful as it is to actual find someone who you cant link to him.

Bacon has been in quite a few ensemble films or played supporting roles with big names. I even managed to link some old timers like Bogart and Jimmy Stewart.

Give it a try

[/ QUOTE ]

so, the point of your post was to encourage people to play a game which has been around for more than a decade. Nice work...

peace

john nickle