Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2005, 09:25 PM

Default Re: F*#$!N Beggers

[ QUOTE ]
My appologies to the millions of homeless on the streets who actually "need" to do this for some reason or another. This is not meant for you

[/ QUOTE ]

Any homeless reading this post on a gambling forum on a PC on an internet connection from anywhere doesn't need to do this for a living - they clearly have some income -

RB
Old 06-10-2005, 09:26 PM

I had one try to pass himself off as a dealer I knew that moved to AZ - I turned that jackass into support - that really pissed me off, trying to scam me.

RB
Old 06-10-2005, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i just can't believe it's worthwhile for these people to ask for $5. tell them to go mow a lawn.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's unlikely they're old enough to deposit into a poker site.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:10 PM

Some of these guys make more than you think scamming online. I got scammed out of 25 bucks to one of them. Turns out he did the same thing to dozens of people at that site.

Several months later I saw him in a free roll tourney at the same site. I've seen him before, but he would never answer me in chat. This time he did. I think there were several people at the table who he scammed. I think the constant berating he was getting put him on tilt, so he began spilling the beans.

He said we were all idiots, which was true. He said he has gotten thousands from people, which I believe, at different poker sites with player to player transfer features.

He was literally admitting to scamming us and laughed at us for being idiots to trust someone online. This is true of course. This instance was my first and only time I loaned someone money online. The thing is, he was so good at it. I mean in the weeks before I loaned him the money he was able to get real chummy with me. I actually thought he was a good dude. He was a good tourney player also, and was winning some good money. He would of been the last person I thought couldn't be trusted for 25 bucks.

But I should have known he was a scamster when the first time he asked to borrow 25 from me. He said he had western unioned money to the site and it should be there in a few hours, but he wanted to enter a tourney starting soon. He even said, and this was the warning sign I should of saw, that he would pay me back 30 that night when the deposit went through.

I think thats the tell tale sign, loan me 25 I'll pay you back 30. It works on a persons greed. Especially when you trust someone almost as a friend.

But it was a cheap lesson to learn early. Now I have no problem turning down online friends requests for a short term loan. And I've gotten a few, and some even with the pay back extra beyond the loan amount.

Live and learn.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:09 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

I'm not mad at the beggers asking for 7 cents or whatever. I AM mad at the farging tools who give them the money, which only encourages them to continue their charade.

Think about it, it's the same as email spam. They'll send out millions of requests, because they only need a handful of idiots to buy into it, to cover their expenses and turn a profit.

These "beggers" are entrepenuers who take money from idiots. It's little different than selecting a table where 75% of the table sees the flop. You know these tools are going to overplay their hands and pay you off. Poker is about taking peoples money. Begging for peoples money on a poker site is pretty much the same thing, just a different concept to attain the payout (i.e. ZERO-RISK)

Hmmm......maybe I should start multi-table begging instead of multi-tabling Omaha 8. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2005, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

These "beggers" are entrepenuers who take money from idiots. It's little different than selecting a table where 75% of the table sees the flop. You know these tools are going to overplay their hands and pay you off. Poker is about taking peoples money. Begging for peoples money on a poker site is pretty much the same thing, just a different concept to attain the payout (i.e. ZERO-RISK)

Hmmm......maybe I should start multi-table begging instead of multi-tabling Omaha 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm...maybe 2+2 should publish a book too:

Online Begging for Busted Players
Old 06-11-2005, 04:21 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Online Begging For Busted Players

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hmmm......maybe I should start multi-table begging instead of multi-tabling Omaha 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm...maybe 2+2 should publish a book too:

Online Begging for Busted Players

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you may be missing the point though. I don't think these players are busted, they just see a +EV situation with little risk to themselves (or no risk, depending on if they get banned or not) It's pure profit, these guys are geniuses!
Old 06-11-2005, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you may be missing the point though. I don't think these players are busted, they just see a +EV situation with little risk to themselves (or no risk, depending on if they get banned or not) It's pure profit, these guys are geniuses!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. They should write then:

The Theory of Begging and High Stakes begging for Advanced Scammers

and add a new forum for Begging too. It would be an easy way to replenish the bankroll.
Old 06-11-2005, 05:53 PM

Over at the begging forum, players who loan strangers money are referred to as 'Dikshits'.

Most of the professional beggers prefer to beg at Party as there seems to be many many more Dikshits there.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:04 PM

may be they can cyber blow me