Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 05-21-2005, 06:55 PM

Default Pocket Queeners

I figure he might be checking behind on turn with flush draw, and also if he does have a made hand if I c/r the turn he will fold it whereas if I 3bet the flop he will call me down. Plus if he raises my turn bet my plan is to fold.

PokerStars 30/60 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (7.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB
Old 05-21-2005, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Pocket Queeners

i dig.
Old 05-21-2005, 08:01 PM

Two things:

That line is standard, and you would be crazy to fold to a turn raise with two flush draws out there.

Will
Old 05-21-2005, 08:17 PM

this seems completely standard, am i missing something?
Old 05-21-2005, 10:32 PM

yeah looks standard to me too, just wondering if people would like a c/r here (which seems to me a reasonable alternative). as to my plan to fold to a turn raise, i think that's a good itme to make a good fold. i raise utg, and then 3 bet this dude, so it's obvious i have a T or 99-AA. he'd be crazy to try and raise me off that on the turn
Old 05-22-2005, 07:18 AM

Checking the turn sucks. Middle pair is going to make up a significant part of villain's range here, and he's not going to bet 50% of the time with that hand after you three-bet.

And folding to a turn raise would be AWFUL. Like throw acid in my eyes so I go blind so I don't have to read the hh awful. You can't let people semi-bluff you this easily.

Will
Old 05-22-2005, 11:34 AM

Is folding to a turnraise really awful?? Who's gonna bluffsemiraise you on turn when you raise UTG preflop,threbet the flop and lead the turn??

Bruisers done nothing but showing strenth ín this hand. I guess if you know for sure that villain is drunk and a complete maniac you could perhaps call down if he raise you on turn, otherwise i don't see many sane players raising the turn with worse than QQ, atleast not where i play.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is folding to a turnraise really awful?? Who's gonna bluffsemiraise you on turn when you raise UTG preflop,threbet the flop and lead the turn??

[/ QUOTE ]

Good players.

Tricky players.

Players with vulnerable hands like JJ and 99-77 who figure that they are putting in two bets no matter what, so they raise the turn intending to check behind.

Oh yeah, and players with Ax of clubs and Ax of hearts.

Laying down sucks.

Will
Old 05-22-2005, 01:11 PM

I think he means c/r the turn instead of three betting hte flop. I think if he does three bet the flop then the turn lead would kind of automatically follow
Old 05-22-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he means c/r the turn instead of three betting hte flop. I think if he does three bet the flop then the turn lead would kind of automatically follow

[/ QUOTE ]

That does make more sense...but even so I definitely like the three-betting line better.

Will