Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 05-04-2005, 06:25 AM

Default Re: Did I play this wrong?

WTF? Is this a joke post?

You realize that the worst that could happen is a split pot at the showdown? The board wasn't three flush nor was it paired for possible flushes, boats, or the extremely unlikely four of a kind. You realize that 3 of a kind is beaten by a straight, right? If not, see "Fundamentals of Poker" by Malmuth/Loomis.

I hope that this was an accidental fold for your sake. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Okay, nuff of joking around. To your credit, I accidentally folded a full house today four tabling. While the pot wasn't very big, I got pissed and slamed my mouse down uttering a few cuss words. Stupid Internet poker.

Wally
Old 05-04-2005, 08:41 AM

nice riverfold
Old 05-04-2005, 08:46 AM

Ahhh your explanation makes sense. But if 4 tabling works for you, then it just shows how careful you need to try to be when doing it. I have not tried multi-tabling myself, but I wonder whether playing at 4 times the stakes (i.e. $2/$4) would not give you a similar win rate, where you only have to concentrate on one table.
Obviously playing standards go up as the stakes get higher, but $2/$4 is still considered fairly low isn't it? I think this is the route, which I would prefer to take.
Have any other players got views on multi-tabling at low stakes ?
Old 05-04-2005, 08:58 AM

Multi-table is great at low limits, you just have to be thorough, i.e. use your time limits to the max and make sure you're making the appropriate action with each hand you're playing. It helps to use a different seat position for each table.

The biggest benefit for me in multi-tabling is that it tightens up my pre-flop game because I'm less apt to be impatient and push marginal hands PF. You lose a little in reading players, but not much. Three-tabling still gives you enough evaluation time on each table to get a feel of opponents' tendencies.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:27 AM

Yes, I can see how playing 3 tables could help to alleviate the boredom associated with constantly folding hands PF and help tighten up your PF play.
I suppose that because you will be playing more hands, that this should in theory reduce your fluctuations also, provided that you play them as well as you would have done if just playing one table.
However, I wonder if you need to be careful about not irritating other players at the table by consistently taking the maximum time allowed to play your hands. I have seen players make sarcastic remarks and leave the table (occassionally even the table breaking up), when one player has been consistently slow to play.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:39 AM

Not looking at any results or other comments:
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] WHY DID YOU FOLD????? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
You have the nuts. Reraise that river.
I'm going to look at the other info now and hope that you converted something wrong.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:10 AM

Ed Miller says don't fold the river with the nuts for one more bet.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:15 AM

for one I don't like the PF raise, seems, kind of iffy, and too early from UTG+1 also, I wasn't feeling your flop bet at all. for the River I def would have reraised, but also if 4-tabling is giving you too much trouble stick with 3. You are missing out on some good plays, and probably folded the nuts more than once. ><
Old 05-04-2005, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
for one I don't like the PF raise, seems, kind of iffy, and too early from UTG+1

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a standard pre-flop raise.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:27 AM

Personally, I like to mix in an occasional open-fold on the river to mix things up and keep my opponents off-balance, but I suppose bet-folding the river is fine too.