Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2005, 01:21 PM

Default Re: Marginal Hand #3 Bad call here? (turn)

Fold. That 10 didn't really help me. (Actually it weakened my hand as my straight outs are all now much weaker than before).
Old 04-14-2005, 01:23 PM

With that card, it's hard to feel good about hitting your draw at all. If the pot was giant, I might stick around, but this looks like a fold.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:53 PM

I also would have folded preflop (I'd need at least 1 more caller to loosen up my sb enough to call that in an online game; in a real-life game I'd be more likely to call it if I could get a good read on my fellow players). If I called pf (for instance, in a live game), I would have called the flop bet, but I definitely would fold on the turn. That card dirties your outs way too much for my taste. With other players still potentially drawing to higher straights, to flushes and with the Q out there, I wouldn't pay to see another card.

-jake.
"Just my thoughts. Just what I was feeling at the time."
Old 04-14-2005, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With that card, it's hard to feel good about hitting your draw at all. If the pot was giant, I might stick around, but this looks like a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I figured that probably no one here would call this turn. When even I have to think twice about it it's probably a bad call.

Here's what I was thinking. If CO has AK I'm dead but he could have AQ or AJ or many other hands just as well. MP3 probably has a Qx or Jx or a flush draw so I'm not that worried about him unless the [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] hits.

I've got 3 different cards that potentially give me a winner. Those being a T, 9, or 8. I realize they're all dirty but added together with a probable 11 or 12BB pot it seemed like a worthwhile bet to me.

I'll admit I don't take the time to analyze down to the .5 outs level but I'm playing a lot of hands on 4 tables so I'm not sure I could do that even if I wanted to.

I have no problem in everyone disagreeing with this call though.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: Marginal Hand #3 Bad call here?

(Challenge Post - So take advice with grain of salt)

Well, typical PP table, so UTG+1 and MP3 will call (90% of the time). CO has position, so his raise may be with a questionable hand. Regardless. 5 people seeing the flop, hero seeing it for a slight discount. I'm calling, might as well take a look.

Then if the flop misses, I'm out.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Marginal Hand #3 Bad call here?

unraised, its an easy complete. raised, with 1 caller and 2 limpers likely to call, yeah, I put in my discounted call.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Marginal Hand #3 Bad call here? (flop)

I give you 5 outs-the 4 nines to a gutshot and maybe 1 out for the bd3nfd. Your hand is vulnerable to redraws, though, a a K or T puts you on the wrong end of a straight, and a club may give someone else a flush. You are getting 13-1 to call, probably better, since 2-3 of the limpers probably call.....so....call.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:38 PM

yuck-this is whan I would be kicking myself for calling pf (even though it was the right play). At this point, you are likely down to like 2 outs. (the 2 tens might be worth 1/2 out-if co has AA or KK you can thank the river gods if a Ten comes) The 3 non club nines now might be worth 1.5. This is where I would spew chips, cuz I would probably stay in this big pot for 1 bet.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Marginal Hand #3 Bad call here? (river)

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero ??

So I lucked out and helped my hand. What do I do here?
Old 04-14-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Marginal Hand #3 Bad call here? (river)

hero raises, MP3 folds, CO calls and shows AQ

edit: not really that serious, I'd just call and hope CO doesnt have AK or a 9