Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 04-09-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Re: Collusion?

so do u smart guy.
Old 04-09-2005, 07:26 PM

very much so, but somehow you've managed to say 2 really sort of insane things in this thread. my new style is that i'm trying to get people to look at what they've written and realize their own mistakes.

citanul
Old 04-09-2005, 07:30 PM

I dont see anything insane about my posts [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2005, 07:36 PM

I'll help this time:

[ QUOTE ]
How can someone that plays in the 200s, understand the stealing concept is going to fold those odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

and

[ QUOTE ]
lol, I once saw this on a $215.
5 or 4 handed( this happened 7 months ago so I dont remember much)
button: 4000...raises to 1000
BB: 1700...goes all-in
button folds. Thats colluding, saying he has a jack is not such a huge form of cheating really. Plus its better for u if the other guy folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, the first one up there, it sort of shows an ignorance of how and why winners make money. and the second one here, well, it shows an ignorance of the definition of collusion (ie, you have it entirely backwards).

citanul
Old 04-09-2005, 08:36 PM

Buh, I don't know. Some windbag was talking about it. And here I am publishing it. Maybe someone here will know whether there is any truth to it or not.
Old 04-09-2005, 10:26 PM

Default Re: Reply

Ironically the same thing just happened to me. Had QQ, flop hit 966, and the guy said he had a full house. He had done this in the past (lying, it turns out, after the showdowns) and so I assumed it was more of the same BS. The hand went to showdown and I called, losing half my chips, and the guy said I had fair warning. I told him that it wasn't cool to do that and he pretty much told me to [censored] off.

Emailing the hand history to party/empire as I type this.
Old 04-09-2005, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Buh, I don't know. Some windbag was talking about it. And here I am publishing it. Maybe someone here will know whether there is any truth to it or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's true. TJ even references it in his WSOP 2003 when A player says something to the effect of "If I show you a queem, will it slow you down?". TJ says you better be lying, or they'll slap a penalty on you so fast, your head will spin." The guy ended up not having to show, and he never *actually* said he had a queen, but the reference was made. TJ also said "if you state yer hand, you better be lying". I'm not positive your hand is dead, but I'm positive people are penalized 10-20 minutes for this offense.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:09 AM

I just got the same reply. I'm really wondering whether they actually do send a warning.
Old 04-10-2005, 01:27 AM

I had something like this happen over at UB. I was short-stacked on the bubble, and decided to make a move. I went all-in preflop, and a guy that had me covered went into the tank. While all this was going on, a guy not in the hand began pushing the other player to "call and bust me." Of course he called, and he busted me. I wasn't at all angry about busting out of the tournament with that hand, but angry that this jackass was urging the other player to make a call. The conversation went like this after the hand (almost verbatim):

<jackass> I told you he was bluffing.
<player> Yeah, thanks for giving me a little nudge in the right direction.

Suffice to say, I immediately reported this to UB. They sent me an automated email back saying that they'd look into it, but I haven't heard an answer since. So if you see a guy by the name of "pktbookbrando" lurking the kiddie tables, smack him around a little. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-10-2005, 01:51 AM

I really think this type of talk is part of the game: While in Vegas last week, on several occasions, we talked about the other side of the table's tells, BUT we were always IN the hand when we commented. having someone pipe-in on chat about a hand who is not even seated is wrong, but part of the differences between on-line and live, IMHO, if the comments come from an active player (someone in the hand), then fine. If they ain't in the hand, then they need a Texas-style whoopin [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]