Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2005, 12:06 PM

Default Another JJ hand

30-60 pokerstars game. I get JJ in small blind. I have no reads on the players at this table. fold, limp, fold, raise, reraise, fold, call(button).

Do I fold, call, reraise?

I called figuring that my hand was vulnerable and my extra raise wasn't getting anyone to fold.

Big blind folds, everyone else calls.

Flop comes 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Checked to the 3 bettor who bets, button raises.

I folded figuring someone has be beat or there are multiple draws. With the pot so large preflop, I probably should have done something else.

Results below in white:
<font color="white"> Everyone else calls. Turn is a black queen, and it gets checked around??? River is a 9 no diamond. Again it gets checked around. Early limper preflop wins the hand with 9 and 6 of hearts for two pair 9s and 8s. </font>
Old 03-31-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Another JJ hand

cap it and lead out, or at least checkraise the flop
Old 03-31-2005, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

3-bet. You couldn't ask for a better flop or better action. This one is being handed to you on a platter.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

3-bet. You couldn't ask for a better flop or better action. This one is being handed to you on a platter.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
fold, limp, fold, raise, reraise, fold, call(button).

[/ QUOTE ]

Question is do you cap (or is 5-bets a cap on PS?) or call?

I think I call and see if the initial raiser caps, could be valueable when you don't flop a J.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cap it and lead out, or at least checkraise the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

I like both lines, but I don't think a cap is going to get a better hand to fold on the flop when you lead out. And if someone has AK/AQ they are calling for turn improvement and maybe raising for a free river look. I do like calling and checkraising a good flop to maybe push overcards out and go heads up with hopefully a TT/99/88 3-betting hand.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:59 PM

I prefer the coldcall in the SB, and then checking a rag flop such as this one. Given the way it played out, I think you have an easy CR 3-bet.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you then bet out on the turn when the overcard hits?
Old 03-31-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
30-60 pokerstars game. I get JJ in small blind. I have no reads on the players at this table. fold, limp, fold, raise, reraise, fold, call(button).

I called figuring that my hand was vulnerable and my extra raise wasn't getting anyone to fold.

Big blind folds, everyone else calls.

Flop comes 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I folded figuring someone has be beat or there are multiple draws. With the pot so large preflop, I probably should have done something else.

Results below in white:
<font color="white"> Everyone else calls. Turn is a black queen, and it gets checked around??? River is a 9 no diamond. Again it gets checked around. Early limper preflop wins the hand with 9 and 6 of hearts for two pair 9s and 8s. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

you have so vastly underreppresented your hand that you need to make up the lost equity from the preflop call. its much easier to play, and you dont lose equity to your opponents if you cap preflop and lead out.

if you choose NOT to cap (b/c you get to see if the initial raiser now caps...good info, but not worth it imo in this pot) then you MUST check raise or check 3 bet the flop. and lead out the turn.

-Barron
Old 03-31-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes! lead the turn, you're likely seeing a showdown here and if you get raised and reraised on the turn you can fold.

-Barron
Old 03-31-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes! lead the turn, you're likely seeing a showdown here and if you get raised and reraised on the turn you can fold.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

What if raised only once on turn? Call, then check-call the river? I hate playing out of position