Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Comcast.net has poker related video clips in their \"Fan\" section today

There is an interview with Fossilman from CNBC on one of the clips.
Old 02-01-2005, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Comcast.net has poker related video clips in their \"Fan\" section today

[ QUOTE ]
There is an interview with Fossilman from CNBC on one of the clips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Drew just watched the Raymer clip from CNBC. I had never seen the clip before. I didn't realize he was being backed at no cost to him for the next 12 months.

Greg H.
Old 02-01-2005, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Comcast.net has poker related video clips in their \"Fan\" section today

I work for PokerStars.com, and they reimburse me for entry fees and expenses related to playing in the big televised tournaments. So, it is a lot cheaper for me to play, of course, and when I win, I get to keep all the money, so it is going to be a lot more likely than otherwise for me to have a winning year at the tables. ;-)

It's one of the many fringe benefits that comes with the bracelet. And a large part of the reason why the bracelet vs. $5M debate isn't so cut-and-dried, even if you just want the most money. While I won't make $5M in endorsement deals, appearance fees, and such, I will most likely make well over $1M during the next couple of years, and possibly a lot more if some of these products do especially well.

And again, the twoplustwo.com forums and 2+2 Publishing had a lot to do with making the player I am, and enabling me to win this thing, so I'm very grateful.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 02-01-2005, 06:20 PM

So basically, Greg, you are freerolling for the entire year? You don't have to risk anything and have the opportunity to play as many big televised tournaments as you wish?

Must be a rough life [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]