Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 01-11-2005, 11:01 PM

Default Re: XMas in January! JoeU to Commerce 1/14

Hilarious.

I'm always at Commerce - I'll look for Matsui.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:18 PM

i might be there playing 3/6 or 4/8, wearing a slipknot sweatshirt that says "people = shi[/b]t" on the back... pm if you want...
Old 01-12-2005, 01:35 AM

Anyone in LA who gets the chance should make sure to meet Joe--he's a class act.

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2005, 02:44 AM

I have a dinner engagement Saturday night, but maybe I can ask the warden for a furlough during the day on Saturday. If I do, I'll stop by to say "hi." I'll look for the Matsui jersey. If I remember, I'll wear a Yankee cap.

The monsoons seems to have stopped, hopefully thing will ber nice for your poker weekend. Enjoy!

Andy
Old 01-12-2005, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone in LA who gets the chance should make sure to meet Joe--he's a class act.

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, anyone who hasn't met you yet probably doesn't deserve to meet Joe anyway....[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

scrub
Old 01-12-2005, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, anyone who hasn't met you yet probably doesn't deserve to meet Joe anyway....

[/ QUOTE ]

He's just upset because I'm the sociable type! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Joe
Old 01-12-2005, 04:45 PM

Haha, nice recovery. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2005, 05:13 PM

Joe:

Fun Commerce tips from a fellow FW 4-8 player:

1. Bring your cell-phone and talk all you want at the table - no FW ban!!

2. Practice your chip stacking techniques playing 4-8 with $1 chips - no $2 chips in this cardroom.

3. Order a fruit flavored "Boba milk tea" from woman pushing a cart and yelling what sounds like "Bubba Milty".

4. Order dinner from a menu (multi-national) that makes FW table dining look like a school cafeteria.

5. Learn the bad beat jackpot rules. The one rule I remember is never check the river if you think the jackpot is in play, someone must call a bet to qualify.

6. Rent a car so you can check out the Bike a few short miles away. Stay on the highway between LAX and the Commerce - no friendly Pequots in those neighborhoods.

7. Tip anyone who gets you anything - chip runner, food waiter (who is different from the cocktail waitress), dealer (no pooling of tips in this joint!!) and sometimes other players??? When I played at Commerce last there was a strange Chinese tradition at my table of sharing your good fortune (winning) with players near your by throwing a buck to nice players seated near you.

Good luck
Old 01-12-2005, 05:34 PM

First of all, I'm probably gonna start out by printing this post!

[ QUOTE ]
2. Practice your chip stacking techniques playing 4-8 with $1 chips - no $2 chips in this cardroom.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a blast doing this in Vegas. I may buy in for $500 to the 2-4 game! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
6. Rent a car so you can check out the Bike a few short miles away. Stay on the highway between LAX and the Commerce - no friendly Pequots in those neighborhoods.

[/ QUOTE ]

Luckily, JTG is driving in, so we'll have a car. I'm sure we'll stop at the Bike, just to say I've been there. I've also managed to get a ride to/from LAX by the Commerce! I called, asked, and they took my info and said they'd pick me up at the airport. If they don't show, looks like I'll be cabbing it.

Thanks again for the tips. I'm sure I'll have a great time.

Joe