Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-17-2004, 02:32 PM

Default On the bubble with 2 limpers in BB

SB has been making some highly questionable calls, but getting lucky and has built the big stack at the table. Button has made a few questionable calls, is playing a bit weak right now on the button, but overall isn't bad for this level.

I haven't seen much limping since we got down to 4, so with 2 limpers I'm not sure what to think.

Comments on all streets are welcome.

Poker Stars! $5 + $0.50
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter

Hero (t3320)
UTG (t2745)
Button (t2930)
SB (t4505)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, Button calls t200, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t600) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t200</font>, Hero calls t200, Button folds.

Turn: (t1000) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t400</font>, Hero calls t400.

River: (t1800) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t3000</font>, Hero calls t2520 (All-In).

Final Pot: t7320
Old 12-17-2004, 02:55 PM

Default Re: On the bubble with 2 limpers in BB

I'd raise preflop to 1000 or so. KJo is a good hand down to 4 and especially against loose players.
Old 12-17-2004, 02:57 PM

You should have reraised on the flop. You have top set and a great kicker but the two flush is not a good situation. If you reraised 2/3 of the pot for 600 then you are making the call incorrect for a flush draw. You will probably pick it up right here. If there is a call, then I would have to reevaluate. You might have bought the check on the turn...

BTW: I would have raised PF too and drop to a reraise just to define you hand better. But this may have been pointless because it seems from your post that the SB would do just about anything.

-Gryph
Old 12-17-2004, 03:02 PM

On the flop the only hands i'm worried about are JA and 66, J6 is unlikely and JJ even more so, but there is a flush draw on the board and the weak bet indicates he has 66s or a flush draw, or nothing. Flush draw being most likely. If he's got a J all the better, he likely doesn't have JA or he'd have tried to steal blinds with it, but will probably call anything. SB has been making bad calls...take advantage. Reraise the pot (maybe even push). Don't give odds for the flush draw...I'd call if he pushes.

Turn, my guess is he was on a flush draw, caught it on the turn. On the bubble, I'd fold here with the weak call on the flop. Wait for a better opportunity or for someone to take themselves out...you still have a decent stack.

River...He went all-in, I'm thinkin flush or full house all the way, i let go of this.

Edit: Yeah, Raise to 600 PF with only limpers...you want them to think it'll be expensive to see flops in the future, and KJ is a decent hand to do that. Fold to a reraise.
Old 12-17-2004, 03:07 PM

JJ is impossible unless there's 5 in the deck [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I would raise the flop having got to this situation.
Old 12-17-2004, 03:13 PM

haha...oh yeah...maybe i should go back to counting on my fingers and toes. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Edit: Although on PokerStars, nothing surprises me [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]