Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2004, 02:53 PM

Default Big Slick from SB

The table seems fairly average. About 40-45% are seeing the flop. A couple of the players are quite loose, especially on calling preflop raises.

Reads: UTG+1 is loose and fairly passive. CO is loose as well.

This is my first posted hand in Small Stakes and I fully expect to get blasted for how I played this hand. I'm not happy with my play... so I look forward to the critiques.

All comments are greatly appreciated.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB
Old 10-24-2004, 08:36 AM

Default Re: Big Slick from SB

The flop bet is very unlikely to clean up any of your overcard outs so I would just check. The river seems like an easy fold.

Carlos
Old 10-24-2004, 10:29 AM

once its overcalled on the river, its an easy fold
Old 10-24-2004, 10:52 AM

i like to check/fold this flop with AK. my PT tells me that my AK loses me a ton of money because I call down with it hoping to hit one of my two overcards. unless ive got the gutter broadway and the nut flush draw, im not staying - especially on a paired board.

if you want to peel one off the flop, i would check/fold the turn and the river (if the turn is checked through and the river is bet). the two spades and the straight draw on the turn is just not something i want to draw against, especially if these loose players can flip over 10 5 off.

i like the pf raise, pretty standard.
did you win? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2004, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like to check/fold this flop with AK. my PT tells me that my AK loses me a ton of money because I call down with it hoping to hit one of my two overcards. unless ive got the gutter broadway and the nut flush draw, im not staying - especially on a paired board.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're losing a ton of money with AK, it's probably just a small sample size. It's very very very hard to lose money with AK consistently, it's such a powerful hand.

Hero has a broadway gutter and two overcards. We'll give him 5 outs. He's correct to call until the river and then fold.
Old 10-24-2004, 12:55 PM

i guess im just a wuss to the paired board. =p and you are correct, ive only played 12.5k 2/4 hands and have gotten AK 150 times. so far AKs is the 3rd biggest money maker and AKo is the 6th largest money maker and i hope that this gap closes together as i play more and more and more. go with gatts advice, as i said i am a weaker player still learning.
Old 10-24-2004, 01:38 PM

say there were 2 or 3 more limpers preflop; do you raise this?
Old 10-24-2004, 01:46 PM

I don't think you did anything wrong, until you overcalled the river.
Old 10-24-2004, 01:47 PM

Yes.
Old 10-24-2004, 03:17 PM

Thanks for the input. It is very much appreciated! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I just hated this hand from the time the flop hit, but folding before the river just seemed weak. I also hated my call on the River, but I had lost my focus on the hand by that time (because I kept questioning whether I should still be in the hand) and made the mistake of calling.

In answer to the one person who was curious, no I did not win this. UTG+1 turned over J6 offsuit for the tens full of Jacks and MP2 turned over 85 suited for the tens full of eights.