Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2004, 02:16 AM

Default Re: Working on more aggression, I think I might have gone too far

[ QUOTE ]
The reason why you call is because you have almost 12% of hitting a flush draw and about 3.5% of hitting 2 pair or better on the flop not because Ed Miller or some other pro said you should.

You are paying 1/8th of the pot (12.5%) but your potential for a good hand is ~15.5%. If it is likely that BB will raise then you should fold.

Post flop you should probably check and fold to a bet unless you have a good read on your opponent. If there was one of your suit then I'd call a bet on the flop. With a better kicker a bet and call is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup, but rather than posting all of the reasons (I was running out the door to a concert), I thought I'd link to a post I had marked for future reference. I got a lot out of reading that thread, and thought he might too; it's more comprehensive than I could hope to be in one post. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I don't really like your line of check/folding TP in this situation. Without a read to know that someone will bet this, I bet it, call a raise, and probably check-raise the turn. If I get 3-bet on my turn C/R, I call down unless I know I'm up against a weak-tightie who would only bet top two or better.

Rob