Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2004, 01:08 PM

Default Anyone play this differently?

Table is running barely 30% seeing the flop and the average pot is just $6 so it appears to be a pretty tight passive table for this limit. I just sat down at the table and it is my first cycle around.

Reads: No one at this table that I have any notes on so no reads. I'm basing my judgements on this hand on the general tight/passiveness indicated from the table statistics.

My greatest concern is my flop bet, since it is basically a gutshot straight draw. With the way folks call raises at this limit with any kind of Ax offsuit crap I have to figure that I'm most likely behind at this point, so I'm not sure that I should have called the flop raise. All comments are greatly appreciated.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

River: (17.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 26.25 BB
Old 09-06-2004, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Anyone play this differently?

Looks fairly standard.
Old 09-06-2004, 01:27 PM

preflop: good.
flop: good. I'm going to call a bet with the big pot, gutshot straight draw and backdoor flush draw, so I bet to try to buy the button and a potential free card on the turn.
turn: you put in the last bet with the nuts.
river: you put in the last bet with the nuts.

nice hand.
Old 09-06-2004, 01:27 PM

Yes, bet the flop. You might be behind, but nobody has shown any strength and you could end up getting a free card here. Once it's raised, you have to call, you're getting great odds to go for your gutshot straight.
Old 09-06-2004, 01:30 PM

Yes I take a free one on the flop you are beat. If button bets you get to see what everyone else does and prob call closing the action. The rest is auto. Were you rep an ace on the flop hopin everyone would fold? Why bet the flop?