Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2004, 05:44 AM

Default hmm..i again have a crap hand out of position

6-handed. First player limps and I raise with Kh9h. Both players behind me call (if I expected this, I wouldn't have raised, game was fairly tight). SB folds, BB calls, limper calls. I don't really have a good read on anyone.

Flop comes Ks Jc xd. Check-Check, I bet, everyone but the limper calls.

Turn is the Ts. I bet, call, raise, fold.

I folded, and thought it wasn't all that close. The other guy called. The river was a blank, it went check-check, and the first player took it down with AT. HH shows that the raiser had T4.

Two months ago, I would have said this was an easy preflop raise. Now, I've decided I was way too aggressive preflop shorthanded. Still, I couldn't resist here.
Old 02-05-2004, 10:12 AM

Default Re: hmm..i again have a crap hand out of position

I would never make an isolation raise with K9s, unless the limper ahead of me was super-weak and I knew he'd check-fold if he missed the flop. So in today's games, practically never.

I also think you have to re-examine what made you think the game was tight after what you saw in the showdown.
Old 02-05-2004, 01:00 PM

Default Re: hmm..i again have a crap hand out of position

You were the only PFR, wasn't tested on the flop and caught your first restistance on another undercard.

What did you put the raiser on that made you think top pair wasn't good up to that point?

That he just didn't smell any strength here and decided to make a move and shake the trees?