Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-28-2005, 07:57 PM

Default Difficult AA hand

online 1/2 NL. First orbit at table and villain is unknow, so no information unfortunately.

Stacks: Hero 206$
Villain: 266$
UTG: 76$

UTG raises to 6.5$. Hero picks up AA in MP and reraises to 17$. Villain thinks for a while and then calls from SB. UTG folds.

Flop 8TT, two hearts. Hero has no heart.
Pot: about 40$

Villain bets 24$.
Hero ???

This line really confused me. I think villains range is something like: 88-QQ. He probably would have reraised KK-AA. TT is of course unlinkely, so is 88. I have a hard time seeing villain call that big raise with anything else than a PP, so I don't consider T9 or JT very likely. Same goes for flushdraws.

The way I see it, I have pretty much told villain that I have a strong hand, most likely a big PP, by my reraise preflop. It could also mean AK though. Still, he bets into me. My guess would be that he has a either 88 and wants me to raise and build a big pot, or he has a lower overpair and wants some cheap info and will probably fold to a raise.

So what to do? Call and reevaluate turn? Villain vill probably checkfold lower overpairs and only continue to bet a strong holding. What you all think?
Old 12-28-2005, 08:07 PM

Default Re: Difficult AA hand

Raise
Old 12-28-2005, 08:53 PM

I raise more preflop
Old 12-29-2005, 03:38 AM

reraise more PF. he probably has KK/QQ. give him the 3 street call down. value bet/push if he ever checks it to you.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:51 AM

Trick to making poker easier: if you want to define your hand, dont give ridiculously good odds when doing it. I'd call the flop in your hand.

-SmileyEH