Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-24-2005, 12:13 AM

Default Re: Curtains hand #1 - AK in the SB vs UTG raise

[ QUOTE ]
based on the identity of the players, this could become an easy fold to the 200 chip bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd find it very hard to fold my hand here. If someone has AA or a set, I'm just going to lose all my chips. Perhaps that is my lack of experience. But I'm intrigued by your characterizing this as an "easy" fold depending on the person. You are putting someone on AA in that spot? What makes a fold "easy"?
Old 12-24-2005, 01:24 AM

some good players would never in a million years bet anything less than AK there from UTG against 4 opponents. It's simple logic to determine that your AK cannot be the best hand against such opponents.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:03 AM

That makes sense. I wasn't thinking about the number of players yet to act when UTG bet out on the flop. I'd probably still find it hard to fold though. Would that kind of player raise UTG w/99 or 88?
Old 12-24-2005, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
based on the identity of the players, this could become an easy fold to the 200 chip bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd find it very hard to fold my hand here. If someone has AA or a set, I'm just going to lose all my chips. Perhaps that is my lack of experience. But I'm intrigued by your characterizing this as an "easy" fold depending on the person. You are putting someone on AA in that spot? What makes a fold "easy"?

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to remember that this raise came from UTG. A non-donk doesn't want to put 200 chips in the pot in that vulnerable position without an ultra good hand.