Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses

Old 12-21-2005, 11:01 AM

Default Re: POKER SOURCE ONLINE TREATS NEW CUSTOMERS POORLY

[ QUOTE ]

PSO: you'd be better off not responding to such trivia, and although the customer is NOT always right, being polite costs nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

The World is full of people that can't follow directions. Based on his misspelling of the code it is very obvious that he knew about the code and just made a mistake. I know nothing about the PSO signup but your system shouldn't be taking codes that don't count.

The small amount of money that it would cost you to give the OP the bonus (that he should have gotten anyway if he knew how to type) would be well worth it to me if I owned PSO. The bad publicity that you are getting by not only fixing a very minor mistake but arguing with a paying customer will only hurt you in the long run.

Customer service businesses are a pain in the butt as you are often faced with angry customers that want something that you don't feel you need to give them. I can see that your policy is - too bad you screwed up don't come crying to me, it doesn't seem like a very good one to me.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:28 AM

"I can see that your policy is - too bad you screwed up don't come crying to me, it doesn't seem like a very good one to me. "

Read the whole post in the PSO form, he says he input the form WITHOUT his username at the site AND spelled the code wrong. So there is no proof that he tried and failed.

Should I tell PSO that I signed up for every promo they have ever done, but spelled my name wrong?

This guy should just take it as a lesson learned and move on to the next one and get it right.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And no it is not 'the principal'

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite right - it is 'principle' - even on your side of the pond!
Old 12-21-2005, 01:19 PM

imagine my surprise when i first tried PSO, chatting in their live help and what i thought was a CS agent called me an [censored]. it turns out that any troll can hang in the chat area.

fast forward two months, 30K hands at absolute, and no RB payment.

fast forward a year: neither PSO nor AP get my business.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:22 PM

dude I so hear you
Old 12-21-2005, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was confused when I first signed up for Absolute because I never received any points for rakeback. Eventually I noticed that cash was being deposited directly to my Absolute account for the rakeback (although it was not obviously labeled as such). I'm guessing that is what happened for you as well.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
imagine my surprise when i first tried PSO, chatting in their live help and what i thought was a CS agent called me an [censored]. it turns out that any troll can hang in the chat area.

fast forward a year: neither PSO nor AP get my business.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that IS interesting. I have never used PSO and having read this I am not inclined to. I have perused the site on more than one occasion but found myself getting confused about the points and conversion etc. I know I'm the type that could easily make a mistake and need hand holding, lol, which is exactly what I get (without belittlement) from my affiliate. For this reason I doubt I would choose a program that not only makes money off my play but makes me feel like an idiot too. Just my 2 cents...

-S&SGW
Old 12-21-2005, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The internet offers us many new ways in which to be rude to one another. The anonymity of email and forum posting encourages people to write what they think without social filters.

To write to a customer, even an obnoxious one (and I'm not saying OP is), that "as an adult you want to take no responsibility for yourself?" is completely unacceptable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is dead on. No matter what type of business you are in customers are always going to want special treatment/things they don't deserve/breaks. I understand completely why what OP asked for was against PSO policy and I don't think he should get the bonus. However, if I ever saw an e-mail from one of my employees to a customer that had that type of "talking to a 4-year old" tone, you'd better believe he'd get a pink slip and a boot in the ass for x-mas. Its just unprofessional and rude to talk to ANYONE like this in the business world.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Well, to be fair, Mike just got back from a nice cruise, so I'm sure he's all stressed out and grumpy, which may explain his behaviour!!

[/ QUOTE ]

From the tone of some of the replies this funkymunky sounds like she works for PSO. If so I really like the sarcasm in a series of posts in a public forum about your bad service, I am sure your company will go far.

Customer service companies live and die on their service. I have no knowledge of PSO prior to this thread really but I do know now that I would do no business with them.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Well, to be fair, Mike just got back from a nice cruise, so I'm sure he's all stressed out and grumpy, which may explain his behaviour!!

[/ QUOTE ]

From the tone of some of the replies this funkymunky sounds like she works for PSO. If so I really like the sarcasm in a series of posts in a public forum about your bad service, I am sure your company will go far.

Customer service companies live and die on their service. I have no knowledge of PSO prior to this thread really but I do know now that I would do no business with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, nice try, Sherlock! The comment you quoted was meant to be sarcasm. Why would a guy, fresh off a holiday cruise (which I assume was tropical), have cause to be stressed out and grumpy?! (incidently, that's what the smilie was for)

I cannot believe you took that comment as defending Mike. Do you read the poker tables as expertly?

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

And, no, I don't work for PSO. I have done a couple of the promos there. And, now that you mention it - I had a promo denied by Pacific (I had apparently been tracked to another affiliate, I assume by a cookie). I asked if there was anything PSO could do - there wasn't, they could not receive credit from Pacific at that point. No biggie, and I didn't throw a hissy fit over it. I do notice, that PSO has since dropped Pacific from their selection of rooms.