Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-13-2005, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Stats, Downswings, and Whatnot

I think the most important thing is that posts of this nature need to have a subject that clearly indicate the type of content. I hate when I see a thread with many replies and a vague but clever/ interesting subject line and open in expecting to find a hand or strategy question and instead find another stats/ downswing post.

I am generally opposed to stickies containing any sort of strategy content such as stats. It gives the appearance of this being the "official" right way to play poker, and no one knows the right way. General opinion and forum consensus on all sorts of issues has shifted over the years and will do so again. There are many styles that can work, especially shorthanded. In my opinion, a sticky saying "your went to showdown % should be X" is inappopriate, even if it uses weasely wording like prefacing that sentence with "many in the forum think that..." The goal of the forums isn't to all agree on everything and then present what we have figured out in easily usable summary form in a sticky. The goal is to continually debate and discuss and be open to new ideas because in doing so we learn to think and reason about poker.