Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 12-08-2005, 01:32 AM

Default Re: Astros decide not to offer Roger arbitration...............

He will go down as one of the greatest pitchers ever.

Old 12-08-2005, 05:12 AM

In some of his comments in the past weeks Roger has hinted at the fact that we need to get more hitting whether he is coming back or not so his decision shouldn't really hold the team up. Now if somehow fatass Purpura actually makes his first deal as a GM and we add to the team, despite their presumably being less payroll for Roger, maybe he would come back at a comparative discount so he doesn't have one of the best seasons in the last quarter century ruined by a crap offense that gets shut out 9 times while he pitches. As for him going to another team, I really don't see it as that likely. He had such a cush arrangement with the Stros, getting to not travel often and basically just showing up to pitch. The Astros clubhouse under vets Biggio and Bagwell is probably one of the only ones where that would fly. Maybe Texas since it wouldn't be real far from home, but it seems Boston/NY would be too far for his family thing.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:00 PM

Great pitcher that he is, RC has always only cared about RC. The Astros rolled out the red carpet for him, letting him make his own rules and hours. He owes them the courtesy of letting them know his plans so they can plan accordingly. But courtesy is not his strong suit.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great pitcher that he is, RC has always only cared about RC. The Astros rolled out the red carpet for him, letting him make his own rules and hours. He owes them the courtesy of letting them know his plans so they can plan accordingly. But courtesy is not his strong suit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great post Andy. I am a huge Roger Clemens fan. And for the last couple of seasons it seemed like he could do no wrong by Houston. But slowly I am starting to realize what all the people in Boston and NY are talking about when they mention Roger's attitude.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:57 PM

I really can't imagine Roger going back to the Yankees especially with his son now in the Astros Farm. I really think Drayton McClane will give Roger as much money as he wants and agree to any kind of other terms to get in back in a Houston jersey. Roger has made more money for this than he has cost them by a large amount. Roger is pretty active at his former high school and around the community in Houston. He will either retire or play for the Stros possibly just at home.