Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-05-2005, 06:28 PM

Default Re: Reads

Weird. E-mail Josh and ask him. You can PM him on the PT forums or I think there are PokerAce forums, too.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi DCWildcat,
You are a nerd.
Best regards,
John

[/ QUOTE ]

Mod, these kinds of shameless ad hominem strikes are what make this board seem so unwelcoming. I recommend that you ban him.

Best regards

ps- John, you're pledging my fraternity. Keep getting your kicks in while you still can. You've only got a week. Let me know if you want to get drunk on wednesday to celebrate exams.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that flaming is not acceptable; I just have trouble knowing when the former comment is a well-meaning "nudge nudge" jibe, and when it's an insult. I think the moderator needs to be sensitive to people's feelings and consider verbal warnings or post modifications.

FWIW, i agree with DC that in a SH game notation and reads are probably more useful than small-sample stats, and in most cases [excepting PartyMine] you will have gained those stats by playing them, so one should have plenty of reads by the time one's sample becomes manageable.

If this was a joke between DC and John, more fool me.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:29 PM

On a related note, I wish people would indicate in their posts what they believe their OWN table image is at the time of the hand. Often, that information would change my understanding and analysis of the hand.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I get a thing where after a SD, the software lags and puts hands up permanently over avatars, leaves the board in place which obscures future flops, and when selecting "treat as 6max table" any stats i have on a player (which were in the wrong place of course) disappear.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a bug in version 1.06. I have a link to version 1.06a on my forum that seems to fix the problem.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:32 PM

I have never taken notes. How much of an impact do you think notes have? 0.5BB/100?
Old 12-05-2005, 07:06 PM

Hi Peter,

DCWildcat and I go to the same (small) college.

I even allow him to hang out with me occassionally.

It was a joke, not a flame.

FYI DC = Davidson College, and check out my avatar.

Best,

John
Old 12-05-2005, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never taken notes. How much of an impact do you think notes have? 0.5BB/100?

[/ QUOTE ]

The higher the stakes the higher the rewards, just start taking em and find out, and do that thing just trying to play one or two tables if you are used to 4 tabling and make the best reads you can, also another thing ive heard, is to make at LEAST one note every orbit on every table, ive started doing it and it kinda helps, would help more if i had time to do longer sessions
Old 12-05-2005, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yikes, dude.

From a hand I just played:

notes on BB are:
bluff DB JTo QQ5 board - bet FTR
BLUFFS scare cards OFTEN
auto-bets river when checked to

notes on Button are:
calls down with any piece
CD with TPWK
L Q9o - CD with top trips

I've been a bit LAGgy recently - raising pre-flop and auto-betting.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (3 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
Old 12-05-2005, 08:39 PM

Now thats a useful note on BB(bets the river,bluffs a lot). How many times do you have to observe that before you take a note?

Buttons notes doesnt feel as useful. Just your standar loose passive.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:43 PM

The first two came from particular events, the last was after 2 river bets. I wasn't involved in any of them, FWIW.