Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-02-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Totally lost TPWK - weird hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
These bet sizes often mean that, on the flop you didn't raise so you must have high cards that haven't paired yet peeling one off. On the low turn, he bets bigger to make you fold said big cards but you don't do it. On the river, he wants to showdown cheapish because he has no freaking idea what you have but has something with showdown value himself. You are rarely ahead on the end but every once in a while they'll show you a small pocket pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

ghazban reads hands well...

i'd probably raise the river as a value bluff

[/ QUOTE ]
You are right, he does. And I thought about raising the river, but figured that he would probably call with any hand better than mine. In any case, he had AdTd.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:19 PM

Default Re: Totally lost TPWK - weird hand

Without reading responses (sry)...

I would probably make a solid flop raise and shove out any remotely marginal hand he could have. I'd do this with air too, but while you're often ahead your hand is so vulnerable (and you have no idea which of a bazillion bad turn cards hit your opponent) that you want this pot now.

Given that you called I fold the turn. His flop bet seems like a probe to see if you have anything you like (which is why I raise most everything), but his turn bet says "whoa this board is getting scary and I need to protect my made hand". A9 or JJ or something make sense, so would T9, but I don't see him wuss-betting the flop and following through with a hard turn bet here on a pure bluff. His river bet says "OK this board is really scary but my hand still has a lot of value so I want to bet it". I mean I wouldnt be shocked if he turned up AA.

Everett