Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 01:27 AM

Default Re: HU etiquette question

I think it is a bigger issue than you people think if you intend to play that game, esp sh, really esp hu a lot in the future. if you do you can't really go say [censored] you dick face, b/c he will get pissed off and on the smaller sites, at the higher levels there is a chance that appearing to hit and run may kill some of a lot or your action. i understand it is not the same thing as getting a bad rep in a small live game or community. however, i have had people think that i hit and run them and they would not play me hu ever again. if this happens a lot people blabbing in the chat, the bad stupid regaulrs may not play you as much or give you action in the same way they might.
so not a huge issue but it is something to consider.
dave
Old 12-02-2005, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Someday, the poker boom will end and all you anti-social internet players will have to learn the skills needed to keep good games going.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Loc: 25NL and moving up

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice...
Old 12-02-2005, 02:42 AM

I agree with everything you said. I usually would give like a 20-30 minute warning before dipping out on somebody that I would like to continue playing heads up in the future.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:02 AM

you beat me to it
Old 12-02-2005, 10:01 AM

This is a basic poker skill that applies to all stakes. Haven't you ever heard the saying, "Whoever wins the hand should lose the arguement?"

I could see being an [censored] if it meant the guy would want to play HU later, but if cursing him off was going to make it harder to get into a game with him, then there really isn't a point.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:30 AM

Just to be clear, this guy was not a fish. He is a solid player who in my opinion, handled himself poorly because he was having a bad day or whatever. Anyway, i'm glad to see no one think i violated some unwirtten rule. We did end up playing HU again last night, neither of us mentioned the previous session or conversation.