Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 06:03 PM

Default questions about the recent changes

I will try to answer them, or Matt will if he sees them too I'm sure. Here are what I bet will be common questions.

q: WTF just happened?
a: The adminstrators made two major splits. They split HUSH into Small stakes short handed limit hold em and Mid to high short handed limit hold em. A lot of regulars wanted this split for many reasons. Also, Mid-High has been split and the new mid forum will take many of the mid stakes (eg 15/30) games that were being posted in SS.

q: Why is VoraciousReader 's name green.
a: She will be a new moderator for this forum along with me. She was both mine and Matt's choice. Respect and fear her rath! Matt (MrWookie) is going to be a mod for the new SSSH forum.

q: What is this forum for then?
a: *Officially* this forum is for all full ring limit hold em games $1/2 and below. Regulars know I still post a 2/4 hand here evey now and then. The primary focus of this forum the way me and Wook have modded it has been to encourage discussion that is relevant to limit hold em. 15/30 hands have been posted here in the past! Will this change? I hope not. This is not necessarily a "rudementary" forum, but it does deal with a lot more beginner stuff than SS and the higher forums. Anyhow, as far as I'm concerned, and strategy related questions and hand postings are welcome here, regardless of limit. I am not, nor ever have been a "right forum nazi." I plan to keep this policy. The same goes for 6 max. All other things being equal though, this is were 1/2 and below hands for full ring are posted. It's just that other stuff is not verbotten. I like this flexible policy and plan on keeping it.

Any other questions? I'll be on later tonite.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:21 PM

Default Re: questions about the recent changes

Yes.

Will there be any punch and pie?
Old 11-26-2005, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes.

Will there be any punch and pie?

[/ QUOTE ]

Everybody likes punch and pie.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:45 PM

VoraciousReader AKA "Racious". Spread the word. It's sure to catch on.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
VoraciousReader AKA "Racious". Spread the word. It's sure to catch on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way to follow through with this. "Racious" it is for all the right reasons.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:31 PM

I support everything Greg has said here. I also support the choice of Racious. I will, however, be a "wrong forum nazi" with respect to one thing. We now have a Beats, Brags, and Variance forum where all material that would have been posted in the designated NC thread now belongs. Any of those posts will be promptly moved. Heck, I even moved the old NC threads. Other than those, however, there's no sense in obligating players to post 6 max hands or higher stakes hands in a different forum, but you may get better responses in the appropriate forum.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:30 PM

Default Racious Speaks

I, Racious, do hereupon swear to uphold the honor and integrity of the MicroForum, to be vigilant in the deletion of spam, to be ever-watchful for the rogue bad beat posts, and to protect and defend the microposters until the day I shuffle off this mortal coil.

I hope that we will continue to see some short-handed and higher limit posts here, the forum split notwithstanding. Short-handed play has taught me to look for many opportunities that have improved my full ring game immensely. With the permission of the forumites, I will include the occasional SS or SHUSH(?) post in the weekly ML Digest.

It doesn't look like anyone had any questions for Greg or Wookie (apart from the punch and pie, which is, naturally, of burning concern to one and all) but I'll throw myself open as well for any questions or comments anyone has.

I am honored to serve the micros as moderator. Of course, living up to the legacy of Gregatron and MrWookie XLVII is a fearsome responsibility.

--Racious