Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 05:07 PM

Default Re: Hockey

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think Carolina is more like LA and Philly, they added Stillman, Whitney, Tverdosky, and others.

[/ QUOTE ]

And in regards to Ottawa, you've got to admit the Heatley-Hossa trade was a bit of a shake-up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately, but I think what has tuned into a bigger surprise is that Heatley is not needed to be the go to guy, Ottawa can rely more on Spezza and Alfredsson.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think Carolina is more like LA and Philly, they added Stillman, Whitney, Tverdosky, and others.

[/ QUOTE ]

And in regards to Ottawa, you've got to admit the Heatley-Hossa trade was a bit of a shake-up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately, but I think what has tuned into a bigger surprise is that Heatley is not needed to be the go to guy, Ottawa can rely more on Spezza and Alfredsson.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup exactly. One big reason the Sens have a chance at going deep in the playoffs this year is that other teams are unable to focus solely on a single Ottawa player in order to shut down the offence.

Also, you didn't mention Havlat. He'll have 30+ goals this season, easily.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:37 PM

I think McGrattan might end up leading the league in another category too. Ottawa is full of Fantasy Hockey studs [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2005, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think McGrattan might end up leading the league in another category too. Ottawa is full of Fantasy Hockey studs [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I didn't pick up McGrattan in my pool's entry draft. I wanted to, but I was worried that he'd end up either not making the team, being a healthy scratch most nights, or being sent down early in the season. However, it definitely looks like he's secured himself a roster spot for the rest of the year. If I'm hurting in PIMs, I might very well grab him in our waiver draft next month.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Who gave Nashville their first loss (in Nashville no less)?

The Oil.

[/ QUOTE ]

Columbus gave Nashville their first loss on an Adam Foote OT goal.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:07 PM

The Rangers are for real boys and girls. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2005, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The Leafs are a good to very good team, but not at the level of Stanley Cup champions. And they will not be until they complement their good young players like Stajan and Steen with more good young players for a future run.

[/ QUOTE ]

That has been the problem with the Leafs for years they are willing to build good teams, but never make the sacrifice to make them great, or they give up way too much to make there team better, but still not great. Two examples of the latter are the Leetch and Nolan trades.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Rangers are for real boys and girls. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not kidding. I was lucky enough to be at the game last night. I've been to many sporting events, and this was by far the most electric I've ever seen MSG. Granted, I wasnt there in 94 for the cup win, but I don't see how anyone could say the shootout was a bad idea for hockey.

It was very amusing too. Some of the fans coming in were saying that the Knicks have the story of the day in MSG. I don't think anyone in attendance thought the Rangers could of brought a bigger roar from the crowd than what the Knicks pulled off 5 hrs earlier. Good day for fans at the Garden.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:42 PM

And that was a pretty sweet goal to win it in the shootout