Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-25-2005, 06:53 AM

Default Re: QQ fold-able ??

Mmm... I would make it about $40 preflop and prepared to get all in on any non A or K flop.

Wouldn't raising to $40 pre-flop mean you're either going to pick up $8, or get raised all-in if someone has AA or KK. Are you planning on calling if you get raised all-in???

As played, this is a fold, he's not check minraising two players with anything you beat. Thank him for being a donkey and fold.

I agree.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:57 AM

The problem here IMO is putting them on hands... SB's line makes no sense, I can't put him on anything but 77-JJ(and QQ-AA I guess) since you say he has standard tag preflop stats, so I'm more worried about MP2, who still only has shown you that he minraises your severly undersized flop bet.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem here IMO is putting them on hands... SB's line makes no sense, I can't put him on anything but 77-JJ(and QQ-AA I guess) since you say he has standard tag preflop stats, so I'm more worried about MP2, who still only has shown you that he minraises your severly undersized flop bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well MP2 worried me as he limped-called PF and has re-raised the flop under-bet...

SB has shown strength being the initial PF raiser and has now re-raised MP2.....

I am behind 77, 55, 33 , KK, AA, 64......

If i do anything I have to push ???
Old 11-25-2005, 07:06 AM

Meh, I considered editing my post after I read it. Perhaps $40 is too much. I usually reraise very strongly out of the blinds with queens because I hate playing them out of position and am happy picking the pot up preflop, but that's less of a consideration since Hero has such a shallow stack.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:06 AM

Most of the raising on all of these tables was to $10....at the very least

Wow. Maybe I should try Stars full ring games again. Pre-flop when I played was a standard $6. I see Stars has a lot more players at their site now though. A lot of fish in the games? What's your PT bb/100 in those games?
Old 11-25-2005, 07:15 AM

It's a tough spot. If I was hoping he's a fish and calling with 88-JJ I'm pushing. If I'm really trying to play my A game, I'm folding there, because if he's a decent player, he's only calling an all-in with a better hand, and you re-raised pre-flop, so he already knows you probably have a pocket pair when you raise him up pre-flop and bet the flop. He is probably min.-raising to get you committed to the pot so he can get the rest of your stack on the turn and river. The only way I'm pushing is if I'm playing crappy like I have been lately, or if I know he's a fish and will definitely call with 88-JJ. I'd have to have good reads on him for that though.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of the raising on all of these tables was to $10....at the very least

Wow. Maybe I should try Stars full ring games again. Pre-flop when I played was a standard $6. I see Stars has a lot more players at their site now though. A lot of fish in the games? What's your PT bb/100 in those games?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well last night was the first time I played in a while....But the play was juicier IMO...

I finished up +5PTbb/100 after 600 or so hands....It would have been much better .... but thats the next hand I Post....
Old 11-25-2005, 07:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It's a tough spot. If I was hoping he's a fish and calling with 88-JJ I'm pushing. If I'm really trying to play my A game, I'm folding there, because if he's a decent player, he's only calling an all-in with a better hand, and you re-raised pre-flop, so he already knows you probably have a pocket pair when you raise him up pre-flop and bet the flop. He is probably min.-raising to get you committed to the pot so he can get the rest of your stack on the turn and river. The only way I'm pushing is if I'm playing crappy like I have been lately, or if I know he's a fish and will definitely call with 88-JJ. I'd have to have good reads on him for that though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I kind of got the responses I needed to hear....

I folded....MP2 pushed and SB called....

Flop: ($50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $18</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $36</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $18</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $57</font>, SB calls $3.

Turn: ($146) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: ($146) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $146

Results:

SB showed Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
MP2 showed A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2005, 07:32 AM

Heh, I thought one of them had 77, but overpairs made more sense, nice fold
Old 11-25-2005, 07:36 AM

Good fold. I didn't even notice that there was another player involved. Forget all that 88-JJ stuff I was babbling about. It's a 100% fold with 2 other players involved. I need some sleep.