Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 03:11 AM

Default hands from nightmare session - part 1

Last night I lost 117BB playing 3/6 6max in 4 hours, my worst loss ever. Here are some notable hands. I know player reads are important, but I'm not including them unless my play was seriously affected by it. Also I'm too lazy to look up the numbers.

Hand 1

Villian's stats read loose/passive, but his play at the table indicated more of a LAG read. I'm in the BB here. Not sure why the converter thinks I posted UTG.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9 BB

His limp/reraise should have let me find an easy fold on the flop.

Hand 2

Villian is super LAG. He and I were constantly getting into it. He'd come in for a raise about 40% of his hands dealt. I'm 3betting with any playable hand. I have the best seat at the table. QJo is marginal, but it rated to be better than what he was raising with. Later in the session, I could tell he was taking more time than normal in deciding how to play PF, because he must have been sick of me 3betting him all night. That's one of the side affects of having a maniac to your immediate right. Pick your spots, because he'll get sick of you after a while.

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.66 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.66 BB

Hand 3

Give me a reason to call the river.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Hand 4

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, SB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

Final Pot: 8 BB
Old 11-22-2005, 03:31 AM

Default Re: hands from nightmare session - part 1

hand 1 call down
hand 2 fold preflop, postflop is fine
hand 3 just call the rais
hand 4 looks ok
Old 11-22-2005, 03:36 AM

Never be to lazy to look up the numbers. SH is all about reads, and you're attitude will create subpar poker.

Hand 1: I'd see a showdown here anyway.

Hand 2: I dont mind it

Hand 3: Call the flop raise, you have a weak draw. Turn donk is very very bad.

Hand 4: Easy turn fold.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Never be to lazy to look up the numbers. SH is all about reads, and you're attitude will create subpar poker.

Hand 1: I'd see a showdown here anyway.

Hand 2: I dont mind it

Hand 3: Call the flop raise, you have a weak draw. Turn donk is very very bad.

Hand 4: Easy turn fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-22-2005, 01:12 PM

Hand 1 you're getting 9-to-1 to hit a 5-outer, knowing that you will get paid off at least 2 BB on the river if you hit. You absolutely cannot fold the turn, and calling the river is reasonable unless you have a solid read on SB.

Hand 3 you put way too many bets in on a hand where you have only questionable outs. Call the flop raise, call the turn, and call the river UI only if you suspect that button would play A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] x that aggressively. You want to get to the river, and possibly a showdown, cheaply.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His limp/reraise should have let me find an easy fold on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
It sounds like your thinking has been seriously affected by this session. Give me a range for SB in this hand.