Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 08:31 AM

Default Poker Theory related to spread games.

I am curious as to what the best strategy is in a game that I played in tonight.

It was a 2-10 spread game with blinds of 1-2.In the particular game preflop it is very common to be limped, however after the flop virtually every bet was 10, witch then leads the only raising option to 10 again. The players were awful. Just estimating, I would say it was averaging 6 to the flop and 24/25 hands to a showdown.

What is the best strategy here?

My thoughts were to attempt to limp with anything that connects or suited Q's and better from the last two seats. knowing if I flopped a straight, flush or maybe ever 2 pair, the betting rounds were going to go to 10 and if I missed it only coast me $2.

Other than that I played pretty standard. On the turn I attempted to get a little creative when I had a hand against a draw because often the pot would be close to $100 so the max bet of 10 was laying good odds to many draws so I would look to check raise in EP and force draws to call 20 rather than 10.

I ended up doing decent on the night but wanted a little feedback as to how to play this structure game where the blinds are 1-2 and betting rounds are basically 10-10-10.