Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 01:56 PM

Default LSU\'s Quarterback

Jamarcus Russell:

I have watched this kid all this season and all last season. Last year as a redshirt freshman, he was unimpressive most of the time. He had to beat out two good QBs to even get the starting job this year (a solid Matt FLynn and highly recruited, supposedly #2 QB prospect out of HS last year, Ryan Periloux). To start the year he was adequate. Yet every game he has been getting more and more impressive. Last week he was downright dominant at times against a very good Alabama defense. In short, this kid is getting better and better every week, to the point where this now redshirt sophomore is one of the best quarterbacks in SEC, and one of the better ones in the whole country, at least IMO.

As an LSU fan I am probably biased though, so I guess that is why I'm posting this. I was skeptical at first, but I'm starting to suspect this kid is the real deal, and by the time he reaches his senior year there might be some legitimate Heisman hype in Baton Rouge. I was just looking for some more objective feedback.

So, what do you think of Jamarcus Russell?
Old 11-19-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Re: LSU\'s Quarterback

[ QUOTE ]
So, what do you think of Jamarcus Russell?

[/ QUOTE ]
that 70 yard toss on his back foot on the run last week convinced me he has the best arm in college football. not the best QB but damn he has an absolute cannon.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:39 PM

Yeah this kid has an unbeleivably strong arm. So far he's been solid against Ole Miss -- not nearly as good as last week but has only made on really bad error.
Old 11-19-2005, 11:44 PM

Now I might be looking through purple and gold glasses, but I really don't think you can find a stronger arm in the NFL either, maybe comparable but I doubt any stronger.