Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2005, 07:14 PM

Default QQ in SB 2/4 6-max on terrible flop

I checked the flop because it was very draw heavy and was hoping to checkraise someone in LP. Unfortunately the player to my left bet and someone raised, so I looked to checkraise a safe turn card.

I did this while thinking of "two overpair hands" from HPFAP, is this way off in a 6-max game?

Please comment on all streets.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (11 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP calls, CO calls, Button folds.

River: (18 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 21 BB
Old 10-30-2005, 07:55 PM

Default Re: QQ in SB 2/4 6-max on terrible flop

What makes you think someone else is going to bet the flop?

Bet and hope they miss.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:02 PM

Although I kind of doubt all five of your opponents will check a coordinated flop like this one, it's hard to know where the bet is going to come from. If you lead, maybe someone in EP will raise and help you out.

Or maybe not. But I think I would lead and get the action underway.

If I were on the Button and there was an EP bet and a bunch of calls, then I'd think about just calling and seeing what the turn brought (with the idea of raising on a good number of cards, if it was just one bet to me).
Old 10-30-2005, 11:03 PM

bet the flop, bet the turn. bet the flop to find out where you are in the hand. by leading the flop you're telling the table you have a strong hand so leading the turn would be correct, also. you don't want to give a free card on this turn. you're getting 19:1 on the river. easy call.