Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 10-28-2005, 03:06 PM

Default The old call then raise then fold

Very loose table preflop. UTG is a TAG, but I don't have a strong read yet on any of the others.

Last Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

River: (14.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero folds...
Old 10-28-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Re: The old call then raise then fold

If UTG is a TAG what is he limping UTG, leading the flop with and then leading the A on the turn with. I think he might be going for a river check raise. On the river, I think the odds being offered are just too good for this single river bet to be a clear enough indication that we are beat more than 1 in 15.5 times. Just call...fold if UTG does in fact cr.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:33 PM

Meh. I'd make the call, but you have to be winning once in 15 or so times to make money and you're certainly not winning much more than 1 in 15, if that.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:41 PM

Nah, too weak. Call. You'll be surprised how many times people will bluff their middle pair here.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:41 PM

i have no problem with the fold and wouldn't lose sleep at night. if i had 2 pair or trips i would make the call, but i really don't think top pair is good here.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nah, too weak. Call. You'll be surprised how many times people will bluff their middle pair here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluff into three possible callers (including the turn raiser...)? Maybe it's a bluff, but I would be surprised. MP3 posted, so he could have a wide range of hands. The river completes a flush and a straight. Also, if MP3 posted, you probably don't have a clear read on him (unless you've played with him before)...

I think it's a bit of a toss-up, especially since you're getting about 15:1 to call. Personally, I would probably make this call (at the very least you'll get to see your opponent's cards, which buys you information...)