Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 01:26 AM

Default I don\'t know how wrong this was, but I know it wasn\'t right. PP20/40

Party Poker 20/40, Full Table.

First time I have played with the villain, and I don't have much of a read on him, except to say that he has moved me off a hand recently after I raised the whole way with TT and an Ace came on the river, and he donked it. After about 30 seconds, I folded, so maybe he thinks he can push me around. I just don't know...definitely on the aggressive side, though.

On to the hand:

MP raises, Villain cold calls from Cutoff, and I call in the big blind with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. 3 to the flop.

Flop is K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I check, planning to call the flop and checkraise any non-scary on the turn. MP bets, Villain Raises, and I decide to reraise. MP folds, Villain Caps, and I call.

Turn is K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I check and call?

River is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and I checked again.

This just felt extrememly weak at the time, and as I type up the hand, it even seems worse. Do I ever stop betting here, or can I sleep at night knowing that am I doing a good job of allowing him to hang himself?
Old 10-18-2005, 01:40 AM

Default Re: I don\'t know how wrong this was, but I know it wasn\'t right. PP20

I bet the flop. The hand changes significantly from that point on I think because a lot of stuff could happen regarding MP. The way you played it, I bet that turn and call anything down.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:45 AM

Default Re: I don\'t know how wrong this was, but I know it wasn\'t right. PP20/40

Lead the turn here. He could take a free card off with a big heart. you no want that.

-blake
Old 10-18-2005, 06:54 AM

i almost always bet the flop when i have flopped a flush and am first to act. it seems to always get raised by a worse hand!

anyway the way you played it i would have led out on the turn. you check 3 bet the flop and lead that turn, i doubt anyone is raising you with a worse hand.

also, your original flop plan (to just check/call flop and checkraise most turns) is bad, i hate giving them the option of the potentially devastating free card
Old 10-19-2005, 02:13 AM

If you bet the turn does everyone fold to a raise, or do you call it down?
Old 10-19-2005, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you bet the turn does everyone fold to a raise, or do you call it down?

[/ QUOTE ]
You call down. The villain can still have AxQh or KxQh, or QhTx. And there are other hands the villain can have that he's simply overplaying. You would have to have an ironclad read that the villain would never raise that board without a boat to consider folding, and 99% of the time you will not have such a read.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:10 AM

Default Re: I don\'t know how wrong this was, but I know it wasn\'t right. PP20/40

Bet the turn for sure if it gets raised then calldown. He could have capped with any number of hands like AxQh or QT AK.

You dont want to give a freecard here and your hand is likely still best.