Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Group 4 - Five vs. Twelve
Highlander (5) 133 94.33%
Lone Wolf McQuade (12) 8 5.67%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Which is more important to you...?

[ QUOTE ]

So do you prefer freedom because you think freedom delivers you health and security? Or, for the sake of argument, if you KNEW that you would be killed if you did not submit to the authority of a censor like for example the Chinese government, which would you choose: being killed, or being censored by the Chinese government?

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not say Freedom delivers Health/Security. Go back and read again, please. My Health/Security are a result of my actions, my choices. Because of Freedom I can take those actions, make those choices. They're available to everyone.

Read, I mean really read, the Constitution and The Federalist Papers. The Bill of Rights does not guarantee, can not guarantee how my life will be. Everyone is given, supposedly, the same opportunities. Sadly, real world, some get the dirty end of the stick, like I said. And even then, help is available.

I have never and will never, run from someone violating my, my family's, or even your, rights. Had I been the young man facing the tank in Tiannamen Sq. and I had no options, I would have done exactly what he did.

I am not some firebrand, hawk, nuke'em, or whatever. I do not feel the need to brag or try to prove my machismo. I am comfortable with not only my beliefs, but most of the actions I've taken in the name of my ideas of Freedom and the ideals handed down by truly great people.

And there are things I would do that go against so much of what I believe in, in order to protect the Freedom of this country. I'm comfortable with the idea of facing my God and answering for my actions.