Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 10-15-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Got stiffed on a tip tonight

When you factor in tips how much more or less are you making than the kitchen staff?
Old 10-15-2005, 05:41 PM

It's cool the way like 75% of you geeks start piling onto the OP after he's been arguing with a couple guys for an extended period & is losing ground.

I don't care much for his position, but I'm not gonna be the douchebag hating on "the guy who works at Applebee's," either. Life's tough, things don't work out immediately sometimes. I've worked some [censored] jobs in my time too, and feel lucky that I'm a good enough Go Fish player to make a living.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's cool the way like 75% of you geeks start piling onto the OP after he's been arguing with a couple guys for an extended period & is losing ground.

I don't care much for his position, but I'm not gonna be the douchebag hating on "the guy who works at Applebee's," either. Life's tough, things don't work out immediately sometimes. I've worked some [censored] jobs in my time too, and feel lucky that I'm a good enough Go Fish player to make a living.

[/ QUOTE ]

all of us have had [censored] jobs before, but if something goes bad one day, don't come and bitch to OOTiots expecting sympathy. After my education I did not get a magical job right away, I had to work [censored] jobs before I landed something in the field, did I bitch about it? No, I wasn't lucky enough to score a [censored] job that society deemed tip-worthy.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Besides, what cheap-azz place do you work where 7 men can all get steaks for $100???

[/ QUOTE ]

Applebee's. Not exactly a steakhouse.

Oh, and do you know what happens when someone comes in and doesn't tip, even though the service was good? Our general manager comes out and bans them from the restaurant.

[/ QUOTE ]

So...I would have to go to the other Applebees 2 miles away? Or take my chances on the Chilis/TGIF/Ruby Tuesdays/Other cheesy restaurant across the street?

Rough
Old 10-15-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope to god you don't have the balls to say these kinds of things to people's faces.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if I ever said it to your face, hopefully you wouldn't be open carrying your gun at that time.

Seriously dude, your posts in OOT are lame and they get thrown back in your face every time. I suggest you try and gauge what the reaction from OOT is going to be the next time you try and complain about something.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:56 PM

i nominate this guy for the first OOT survivor
Old 10-15-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hope to god you don't have the balls to say these kinds of things to people's faces.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if I ever said it to your face, hopefully you wouldn't be open carrying your gun at that time.

Seriously dude, your posts in OOT are lame and they get thrown back in your face every time. I suggest you try and gauge what the reaction from OOT is going to be the next time you try and complain about something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering you're getting personal (even though I didn't say anything to provoke you personally), I think that your posts aren't any better than mine.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:18 PM

20% minimum on all bills. When the bill is a bit smaller I would definitely consider giving more than 20%. These people don't make [censored] for hard work but at least they are working, unlike the millions of unemployed people in South Africa. I like to help them out.

Yeah, this means I tip even for bad service. So what? Bad service might be a factor in whether I'm going back there or not, but I'm not gonna "make a stand" over a lousy few bucks.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:23 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering you're getting personal (even though I didn't say anything to provoke you personally), I think that your posts aren't any better than mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

One STT poster attacking another's ROI isn't personal? Bullshit.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll tip you when I want. You shut up and let the world revolve until then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you make $2.13/hr where you work? Thought not. Don't be a cheapass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this a big secret when you started your job? They hire you and then tell you how much you make?

Grow up. People [censored] people over all the time. The difference between them and you is that they are men enough to deal with it and move on without crying about it.