Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 10-04-2005, 05:05 AM

Default Is Party Poker 10/20 6-max always this soft?

I'm new there. Is it always this soft? Timeline is last 7 days. I have datamined a lot when not in front of my computer (Poker Tracker, Party Mine and 16 concurrent tables), and with rigid table selection I have found some extremely soft games almost every session.

I don't think it's necessary to describe it any further since I'm just looking for some general feedback from regulars on the softness between the last 7 days and before that.

Thanks.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:18 AM

Default Re: Is Party Poker 10/20 6-max always this soft?

nope, I haven't played in 7 days.

so they'll get a lot softer soon.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:25 AM

It depends on what if loose = soft. There are many loose players, but for the most part the typical player is tough and tricky. They are good at reading hands and can put you into tough situations by using aggression unheard of at other games. But to be sure, you should try the game for yourself and decide from there.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It depends on what if loose = soft. There are many loose players, but for the most part the typical player is tough and tricky. They are good at reading hands and can put you into tough situations by using aggression unheard of at other games. But to be sure, you should try the game for yourself and decide from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps "soft" was the wrong word to use. I was just wondering if it always plays like this or if the last week have been unusual in any way.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Perhaps "soft" was the wrong word to use. I was just wondering if it always plays like this or if the last week have been unusual in any way.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've probably been running hotter than you usually will.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:09 AM

Virtually everytime that anyone asks "has the [x/y] limit been [soft/hard] this week?", the answere is an emphatic "NO". The only time a game may considerably tighten up short-term is at low stakes when a bonus hits.

Much more likely is just some luck in your table selection or running good/bad.

I have noticed no difference in the 10/20 this week. However, with rigid table selection, you can quite find some sweet tables most of the time -- this isn't a new thing. Also, as another poster stated, some tables can look "statistically" soft, but there are a hell of a lot of "good LAGs" around.

If you think you can beat what you have seen so far, just exert good table selection and you should be fine.