Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 06:45 PM

Default Re: $22 ITM Suspect a trap

[ QUOTE ]
Villian had been playing pretty well with the big stack

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I would have called a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to think about your ITM game if the above two statements are both true. Villain's playing well with the big stack (and I assume from "playing well" you mean that he's doing a fair amount of bullying with his stack), you have the sixth best hand in hold'em, you have barely more than 5xBB...and you WOULDN'T have called a push?

IMO, that's playing for second, which in your scenario isn't even a lock by folding anyway. Remember, SB doubling up (or even taking the blinds) just once makes second a total crapshoot. Plus, you shouldn't be playing for second here anyway...the difference between second and third here is 20 dollars. The difference between first and second is 40 dollars.

I understand you becoming suspicious that he limped instead of raising...good read on that. But if he'd pushed and you'd folded, ESPECIALLY considering how he's been playing, that would have been a major gaffe on your part.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:57 PM

Default Re: $22 ITM Suspect a trap

I take your point. But this case is a little different in that the SB is basically playing like he's not there. He has been folding everything to the point where the blinds put him all in and he doubles up.

So I think in this case I'm not worried about the other player.