Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 09-28-2005, 06:20 PM

Default Re: I hate these hands...PP 15/30

Flawless_victory,

I have read a lot of your posts and you quite obviously DO know how to play limit. It seems clear to me that your experience is far greater than mine.

Presumably this means that there is something wrong with MY analysis that failing to bet when you have the best hand is a mistake.

Now, I know that by giving him a free card with his Ace, we may induce a bluff and that may be worth the risk if we can be sure he will bluff the river often enough. However, as I understand it, giving the free card would be a FTOP error according to the definition.

In ALL games we sometimes go against what is "correct" in theory for tactical reasons. Inducing a bluff (on the "given" that he has AJ or AQ) would be to accept that we were breaking FTOP in order to get what we think will be a better return. That would be a reasonable decision if we thought the circumstances were right.

Could you explain your reaction to me? I just don't get it the outburst [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I must be missing something. It would be appreciated. I am new to the board and do not wish to cause offence.

Trevor
Old 09-28-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Re: I hate these hands...PP 15/30

I don't play much limit anymore but I usually check the turn here and call a river bet. If my pair is lower I usually bet the turn.