Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2005, 09:26 PM

Default Re: Bubble.. Weak Tight..

It is a marginal push, +.3% in SNG PT, but factoring in the blinds next hand and the fact that you'd love to be a 55% favourite to double up with your short stack I think it moves into clear push territory.
Old 08-14-2005, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is a marginal push, +.3% in SNG PT, but factoring in the blinds next hand and the fact that you'd love to be a 55% favourite to double up with your short stack I think it moves into clear push territory.

[/ QUOTE ]

At what level did you put the villians call ranges?
Old 08-14-2005, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with this, but at the 11's people will call with their a8 suited from the co, and the bb likes to call with alot less of a hand because of his "increased odds." Looking at the stacks again this is probably less likely because its 1/3 of most players stack. Im just trying not to go along with the push blindly crowd, although in this situation its an easier push than I first assumed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I am so short-stacked, I will take a coin flip against A8o every time, because what I really need to do here is double-up. So I push here every time.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since I am so short-stacked, I will take a coin flip against A8o every time, because what I really need to do here is double-up. So I push here every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, i take the coin flip every time also... Its the 3rd person comming into the pot that concerns me. Which in this situation isnt too great, but in others could be a problem.