Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 07-19-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Re: $1/$2 NLHE $100.00 Buy In with Two maniacs at the table

[ QUOTE ]
He shouldn't raise at all. He should limp reraise all in after one of them raises.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, assumed the $30 was a reraise to begin with. Forgot that people actually open raise to $30 in these games.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This was a very difficult situation. Either or both players would raise virtually every pot with any two cards. Most of the time they ended up playing the pot with eachother showing down great hands like 62, T5, 74. The would push on any flop and chase any draw for any price. Most players sat waiting for big hands before getting involved with them. I picked up AA and had maniac 1 call my $30 pre flop raise with 84 off suit and I went broke when he flopped two pair.

Any suggestions on how to go about playing against a maniac and more importantly does the tactic change if you have two maniacs on the same table.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly what you did. its 100 max with 2 maniacs like that. rebuy and get your money in there again with big cards. once you have a stack you can change your play a little. open up your hand selection, and really bleed the maniacs. andif they put a beat on u again, dont post about it rebuy and try again.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is no way to beat these players, unless you move up limits. Only at $5/$10 will players give you the respect you deserve and fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement is soooooooooo wrong it's amazing. Rick is describing an incredibly profitable (albeit volatile) situation that he's trying to adjust to. Instead of adjusting properly, you suggest that it's unbeatable, and the only way to win is to move up in limits, and play against better players who will properly fold instead of making horrific calls.

Respect is not the key to winning at no limit, getting people to put in their money with much the worst of it is the key.

al

[/ QUOTE ]

i took spoons post as a joke... maybe ignorance... whatever capones right these to are very +ev
Old 07-19-2005, 03:35 PM

The stinging pain of huge variance is what you'll have to decide do deal if you want to take advantage of this type of profitable situation. How much pain you can take is up to you. 2, 3 buyins, more? It's a personal choice but realizing that simple truth that you will win in the long run against these types does help you to focus on your game and not your losses.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:02 PM

Hi All

Had a very profitable session last night at the expense of one of the maniacs I spoke of earlier in the week. Thank you all for your responses they very insightful and helpful

Yes I went broke twice but on the third buy in I doubled twice quickly with JJ and AK. Then relieved the maniac of his entire healthy stack when I flopped a nut flush with AQc and he pushes all in and shows K3c. Boy did he get angry. OK so I might have said "what no 84 off this time"

Thanks again!!!!
Old 07-21-2005, 08:25 AM

Get the maniac(s) on your right, ask for seat changes promptly.

Tighten up severely, and smash em to pieces, be prepared for 2 rebuys, and I'd give it up if the 3rd buy-in sinks too, I've never made a 2nd rebuy in a 1/2. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

>TW<
Old 07-21-2005, 08:29 AM

Nice job, hang in there with them, it's just demoralizing if you go in not prep'd.

The other people at the table who are clueless on this tactic will likely become unhinged, not you anymore, another hurdle, conquered!

<font color="green">CONGRATS!</font>

&gt;TW&lt;